Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 10:56 PM

Re: Netflix 'reactivated' users accounts

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Not interested in subscription services and hardly watch TV.

Endless repeats, formulaic drama, the few light entertainment shows ruined by in your face presenters, political correct fakeness. TV is running out of ideas, shows have stopped being believable. Not prepared to pay any more than the licence fee.
I can see the need for services like netflix for people who like movies and rely on the TV for their entertainment. At my age I don't think there are many movies that I haven't seen, and I would much rather see any new releases at the cinema where it results in a grand day out, usually with friends, and a good meal either before or after the movie.

As for watching TV myself, I agree with Cinders, I can not justify sitting for hours watching repeats and biased reporting. I do miss sporting events since sky etc have purchased the rights to everything interesting it seems, but apart from the licence fee, I would never consider paying to view, and sitting watching hours and hours of box sets would fill me with dread...

If it wasn't for Mrs Fox I could do without the TV altogether.
Apart from the odd programme I would much rather visit the forum these days, with its varied and interesting discussion.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top