Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:45 PM

Re: Dog Licensing.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've wondered about this. Because if you are in a park and there is a stranger with a dog that attacks you or your dog, how will you ever be able to identify them? I wonder how many people are ever caught. The responsible owners will swap details.

btw doesn't petplan include cover for this sort of thing? I've never thought of insurance as I thought the petplan policy covered liability.
Do agree with you on that Annie, In our Park there are several large notices that state dogs must be kept on a lead at all times, but there is always the one objectionable person who either cannot read, or believes that it is perfectly okay to have their dog off the lead retrieving a stick or ball.

The problem is that on more than one occasion that loose dog sees my two pooches being walked on their leads and makes a beeline for them, and not always friendly either.
We had to quickly pick up both of our dogs when this big dog started circling them with his tail high and his hackles up. The idiot who had let him off the lead was still standing where he had thrown the stick and was calling him by name. The dog took absolutely no notice. idiot man then ran over, grabbed the dog by the collar and said the bleedin obvious. ''It's okay, he wouldn't hurt them!''
Oh yes he would!
and if it had hurt my little ones, how would I ever have been able to find out where this man lived. He would have no doubt just walked off toot sweet with his vicious dog.

No insurance, no licencing fee, no 20% increase on dog food would have compensated for the suffering my little ones could have gone through. The only thing I could think of is using my phone camera to take a photo of the dog and it's owner, but that is a long shot in the middle of a trauma.

So what is the answer?
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:54 PM

Re: Dog Licensing.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Insuring a dog doesn't make it less dangerous. That's down to the owner whether insured or not.
I agree: No bad dogs its owners that ill treat their dogs or lack of training some people should never own a dog training and love is the way

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top