Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 09:24 PM

Alien Colonization?

I refuse to believe that earth's population began with the Adam and Eve, ideology.
That would mean that they had sexual relations with their children and their children with their siblings and so on.

One of my theories is that earth was a penal colony. Ships from different areas of the universe/galaxies, dropped off thier prisoners with their families on any land they came to first. Perhaps they gave them a few supplies, perhaps not. Let them fend for theirselves.

That could explain the many nationalities we have, even on one continant.

I have fantasied about putting gangs on the moon!
Yes, yes. . . ! LOL

What say you?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 10:03 PM

Re: Alien Colonization?

I would believe we came from somewhere else other than this planet, after all we are made of dust particles and there's lots of that floating around out there. As for Mankind traveling to other planets, never!, I still believe we never went to the moon, the pictures were all wrong, and the dust from the moon buggy fell too quickly for a place with no atmosphere, and not a star in sight, I could go on and on, I have all the non-believers video's, the company that made the moon buggy say the dimensions were all wrong to be the one they made and it would never have fitted onto the top of the craft, not to mention the size of the lunar module they have in the museum, you would be hard pressed to get into it in a sweater, never mind that big box thing they had on their backs. Too many heads would roll if the truth ever came out. The only way to shut us non-believers up it to go again and with the technology everybody has we can follow it every step of the way.
Phew! thats my rant over for the Month
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 10:11 PM

I think the Aliens must have left instructions on how to deal with criminals on earth. They sent ours to Australia
I think we shot ourselves in the foot because Australia is the land of milk and honey now
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I think the Aliens must have left instructions on how to deal with criminals on earth. They sent ours to Australia
I think we shot ourselves in the foot because Australia is the land of milk and honey now
Oh you are awful Mall!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 10:47 PM

I don't put our existence down to Adam and Eve either, I will stick with Charles Darwin
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 11:10 PM

At a molecular level, we are all made from the debris of stellar explosions, so in that sense we are all aliens. Planetary exploration would be impossible by the sheer distances with timescales involved, not to mention technology (Same argument also negates the chances of us being visited by aliens)

Sorry, lunar exploration is a fact. Any college/university with laser-ranging equipment will verify the presence of experiments placed by Apollo missions - the landing site and vehicle tracks can be seen with recent high resolution lunar satellite images. Dust particles and anything else will fall faster in a vacuum than they will on Earth. Cameras would not show stars in the presence of exposing a bright image, especially if the plate wasn't sensitive enough (you can prove this yourself). I could go on...

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't put our existence down to Adam and Eve either, I will stick with Charles Darwin
Agreed.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Does your dad know about Charles
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 11:30 PM

No, there was no Adam and Eve in the real sense. They were made up to by scholars to explain to the less educated where we came from, much like children today ask where babies come from.

Charles Darwin's theory has held good for a long time, but why would just one species of primate suddenly become intelligent? In the millions of years that earth has existed, we can only go back just less than one million years to when man first, as far as we know, began to exist, and 1M years is merely the blink of an eye in time and space. It's only a few thousand years ago since we were living in mud huts.

In 1M years of "mankind," we can only dredge up 10,000 years of his/her history, so I think Darwin's theory is a good one, but flawed.

This'll set the cat amongst the pigeons!

I don't think we're indigenous to this planet.

I think a race from another planet needed somewhere to colonise because their own planet was dying, but couldn't in their state, just form a mass exodus to live here, for several reasons.

They came and saw creatures that were closest in structure to themselves and, using their own DNA, started a process which over the millennia evolved into Neanderthals, Cro-Magnon and upwards in stages, until we evolved into what we are now, thus allowing their kind to continue at a very slow rate. They perhaps weren't allowed, or didn't want to, create disorder to the natural order of things on this planet, so chose just one creature - an ancestor or relative of a primate, which no longer exists.

'Tis a thought-provoking topic, and we could all be well off the mark. We're far from being an enlightened species, but perhaps time will tell, and maybe one day, mankind will find out the truth about his beginnings, but it won't be in our time.
mesco m
manchester

12-04-2012, 11:53 PM

Mollie. I think they may have chosen Crusty:lol
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

13-04-2012, 12:09 AM

We stand on the very edge of knowledge and only 4% of the Universe is known about and that small amount is not all proven.
Just a thought.
Perhaps God saw that he was needed and so invented himself. He sure has a sense of humour or why else would he inflict on us such loathsome creatures as Jonathan Ross, Jeremy Clarkson, Geoffery Boycott and Tony Bliar. They surely are not of this world.
Unless they are the devils work of course.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top