Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
derek davies
Buckinghamshire
derek davies is male 

13-04-2012, 03:12 PM

Re: Alien Colonization?

I was reading the other day about our scientists locating something within this universe that is 13 billion light years away.
To the odd yard or two I worked that out to be

1066,648,809,000,000,000,000,000 miles away. The mind absolutely goes to jelly when trying to realise how far away that is.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2012, 04:44 PM

I think it's generally accepted in the scientific community nowadays that there are several dimensions. 11 I think is the number that they can more or less accept from the mathematics. I think the big bang was caused by some sort of intervention from another dimension. Whether what is in this other dimension can be described as God, well i doubt we will ever have an answer to that question. As for Alien colonisation, I've thought for years that although interstellar distances are far too great to make visitations possible, there is no reason why we can't have been visited by machines travelling through the cosmos. We have sent probes into deep space. They are travelling still for all we know. If we sent probes out now with our more advanced technology, I'm sure they could do more than the ones from the 70's and 80's. Indeed if there is a civilisation out there with just 1000 years more progress than us, just imagine what they would be capable of.
What if we were visited 10.000 years ago by some sort of alien probe that was capable of inserting alien DNA into a promising species of ape. Might explain the missing link and why not all apes evolved. In fact it would explain a lot of anomalies that Von Danniken explores.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2012, 05:57 PM

I used to be a member of the Flat Earth Society, but I had a dispute with the President, he wasn't on the level, I mean how can you believe the World is flat and have a satellite dish on your house.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2012, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I used to be a member of the Flat Earth Society...
A flat Earth which sits on the back of four giant elephants, which stand on the shell of a great Star Turtle...?

derek davies
Buckinghamshire
derek davies is male 

13-04-2012, 06:10 PM

Chippy,
How like we are in our theories. I could not have put my thoughts down any better.
I do however believe in a higher being who is responsible for all around us.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2012, 06:16 PM

No one can ever be sure of anything. My posting on here now in fact my whole life could be part of some long dream and I may wake up later to find my body is green, I have two heads and this forum doesn't exist
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No one can ever be sure of anything. My posting on here now in fact my whole life could be part of some long dream and I may wake up later to find my body is green, I have two heads and this forum doesn't exist
Has this happened to you before Meg?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
Has this happened to you before Meg?
I can't remember if you are in the middle of a dream you can't reliably remember previous dreams
Chippy
Yorkshire UK

13-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
A flat Earth which sits on the back of four giant elephants, which stand on the shell of a great Star Turtle...?

All hail the Pratchett.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK

13-04-2012, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can't remember if you are in the middle of a dream you can't reliably remember previous dreams

Haha, touché

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top