Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

26-08-2012, 11:04 PM

Re: The 2012/2013 Football Season - Fans Thread

From what I saw Bob the Reds look very promising, true a couple of blunders saw City get a share of the spoils and a half chance late on could have got them the win which would have been harsh but they look good.

They seem to be playing the system that Brendan Rogers used at Swansea and they look comfortable with it.

They should build from this game now and be a contender for something this term.

Only today they were discussing MotoGP being a two tier class, after seeing my lot I think that of the Prem, the only problem we are in the lower tier ................on our own
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 07:48 PM

Well at least you made me laugh Hammer, oh ye of little faith
Getting back to the match at Anfield, I just couldn't imagine anyone as experienced as Skirtel making such a basic mistake, it was enough to take him off my Christmas card list, oh dear me but I do like the look of 17 years old Raheem Sterling, a player with good pace and confidence, definitely one for the future.
Now we await the arrival of Hearts at Anfield in the second leg Europa tie in which hopefully our lads can increase their 1-0 aggregate lead.
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 09:47 PM

Really sorry to read the news about Kevin Sheedy. I'm a Chelsea and Celtic supporter with a long standing soft spot for Everton. Wishing him all the very best.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

27-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Hello Helen and welcome to our little fans corner of the forum. Hope to see you joining in the football chat here.

Chelsea and Celtic eh, now that is some combination.

Just trying to remember the last time I went to Stamfod Bridge, a long, long time ago. I think it was before all the renovations.
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 10:57 PM

Hi Hammer,

It's a few years since I went to Stamford Bridge, but when I lived in London I was a season ticket holder. The SB of those days is very different to one nowadays. I hardly recognized Fulham Broadway when I was there last.

Yep, the Chelsea and Celtic combination is unusual. Chelsea have such close ties with Rangers. It's the reason why we play in blue.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

28-08-2012, 10:56 PM

A change of fortune, the mighty Hammers won 2-0 tonight in the second round tie of the Capital One Cup ( League Cup ) The Boleyn played host to our opposition the league one side, Crewe Alexandra.

Good to see my old mate Paolo Di Canio and his Swindon lads dumping Stoke out of the same competition albeit in the last few minutes of extra time.

Elsewhere, John will be pleased to see that Conner Robinson scored a last-minute equaliser to earn Lincoln a point from their trip to Gateshead. I listened to manager Dean Holdsworth and he thought the Imps were well worth a point and maybe should have had the three.

Onward.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 11:12 AM

As a little feller myself, I'm thrilled to see the impact that "tichies", Eden Hazard and Joe Allen for example, are having on the Premier League. Takes you back to the good old days when most players were not hulking great monsters of six feet plus. Mind you, these two I mentioned, would have no chance getting into the Stoke team at present! Yes Hammer we got out of jail, but need to play a helluva lot better. Talking of the Stoke game, Arsenal never looked likely to score in a million years. The other game was much better,however much Liverpool dominated, you knew that city were going to sneak summat. Poor Skirtel, scores a great goal, then gives one away. Thats show business as they say.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

31-08-2012, 05:40 PM

There seems to be a bit of frantic work going on before the transfer window shuts tonight so not much detail on the weekends fixtures.

Saturday: West Ham V Fulham 12:45 kick-off.

Lincoln City V Ebbsfleet 15:00 kick-off.

Sunday: Liverpool V Arsenal 13:30 kick-off.

Will post more later.
Good luck to all our teams.

Onward
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 09:51 PM

I thought Hammer me old mate, you'd be chuffed with the Andy Carroll saga or perhaps not. My take on it is, if god forbid West Ham get relegated with Carroll playing regularly, would Liverpool want him back, as his value would have dropped even more. We all said at the time of the £35 million transfer, that it was nuts, a crazy price for him. Might finish up back in Geordieland after all. Anyway, good luck to him and the Hammers, hope it all pans out. Looking forward to Sunday's game, both the Reds and the Gunners need to get a shift on.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

31-08-2012, 10:41 PM

John, I saw his first interview on West Ham TV today and I am still bemused as to what is going on. I hope he does well as he did not put that lunatic value on himself.
He is with a few mates now and as you say it will make or break him.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top