Join for free
Page 22 of 22 « First < 12 20 21 22
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

16-03-2013, 04:40 PM

Re: Who is God?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hmmmm Jim matey - nothing wrong with Elder trees - they give us either Elder-flower champagne or Elderberry wine.

Some years ago when I had my first hip operation, I took a bottle of what had originally been blackberry cordial into hospital with me to drink. What was actually in it was home-brewed Elderberry wine!!!
My husband made some elderberry wine once. Fortunately only he had a glass of it, he was quite poorly, it must have been toxic. That was the end of his wine making venture!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
My husband made some elderberry wine once. Fortunately only he had a glass of it, he was quite poorly, it must have been toxic. That was the end of his wine making venture!
Willow darlin' - it sounds as if he either left it too long on the lees (sediment) or didn't filter it properly to eliminate the yeast germs. If it IS done correctly home-brewed country wines can be both very tasty but also very potent.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 06:32 PM

Now if I were a preacher Willow I would capitalise on your husbands upset with the Elderberry wine, and bellow out, "Woe betide the drinker of the fruit of the Judas tree, for his belly shall burn like the fires of hell". That would serve as a double warning, stay away from the tree and pack in the drink, a satisfying mornings work from the pulpit.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

Now if I were a preacher Willow I would capitalise on your husbands upset with the Elderberry wine, and bellow out, "Woe betide the drinker of the fruit of the Judas tree, for his belly shall burn like the fires of hell". That would serve as a double warning, stay away from the tree and pack in the drink, a satisfying mornings work from the pulpit.
And here endeth the lesson.

Page 22 of 22 « First < 12 20 21 22

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top