Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 05:15 PM

Re: PPIs

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
An old bumped thread (by the sadly departed Aysa, incidentally) but interesting reading from Shefordian.

I was successful a couple of years ago when my bank had to pay out quite a few thousand in PPI to me which I was rather pleased about. Needless to say I blew it all.
I have a couple more in the pipeline but they are taking ages to get sorted out. Anything back is a bonus though!
Eh?
Do you mean what I think you do?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Eh?
Do you mean what I think you do?
I'm wondering if I got the name wrong now Fender. I hope not.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm wondering if I got the name wrong now Fender. I hope not.

No, you're correct
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 11:17 AM

Remember the bailing out the banks to-do a few years back, well, the exchequer is raking it back now. 20% tax on the compensation interest portion of the PPI claim, nice little earner.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
have you tried paying a large sum of money for an item in full by Cash/cheque?

We did when we bought the Nissan car and they refused payment until it was a bank cheque.

This is how bad it has become, paying in pound notes or cheques are looked at as fraud or at least dodgy
It's the concern about money laundering or undeclared income and/or assets. I think all cash transactions over $10000 have to be reported - not sure who to but it is something I read about in a newspaper in the days when people bought newspapers. Perhaps you have a similar law.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It's the concern about money laundering or undeclared income and/or assets. .
Quite right Bruce.

Years ago I sold a car and the buyer wanted to pay cash. I said it was ok just so long as he walked with me to the bank and paid the cash in there and then which he agreed to.

That way I could be certain that none of the £20 notes were counterfeit or dodgy. Once the bank accepts the notes it's no longer my problem.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 01:25 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39138600
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 03:30 PM

I have a feeling I could be due for a PPI pay out - but it is from so long ago I no longer have the paperwork to prove it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top