Join for free
Page 7 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:13 PM

Re: Allocated car space.

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Problem with using the spike things, if someone injures themselves on them you could be in trouble
Could you not print a sign saying vehicles parked here will be clamped, if you make it as official as possible it might deter them, you know what they say, “ bullshit baffles brains”
There would need to be proof that it was us that had engaged in self help.

In any case the law regarding clamping on private land is far from straightforward and then there is the matter of the cost of wheel clamps.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:15 PM

[QUOTE=swimfeeders;1691786]Hi

Life is not fair, only 3 years out of Enforcement, still involved, still have outstanding cases and now volunteer to help those with problems.

The legal system in this country is most certainly not fair.

Many are denied Legal Aid, but prats like Shamina Begum are given it.

Why should your son get involved?

Because you are his Mum.

When my Mum was alive, she suffered horribly from two sets of neighbours at one point.

She moved into a bungalow in her 80's due to osteoporosis.

She was a very proper lady, but complaints to the Police and Council went unanswered.

We found her crying one day.

Not on, problem solved.

You made my Mum cry, now make me cry scumbag.

That is what sons do, look after Mum.

Even the Pope has said that, insult my mother and expect a punch.

I am not as nice a man as the Pope.[/QUOTE

Firstly,I am very sorry what your mother went through,did you beat these men up?

I ask because,on another post somewhere on the forum,you said you were a "whimp"!.

I have to say,I had problems with a neighbour last year,the police were called,but it did take about a week for them to show up,..what this neighbour did,was captured on cctv,they went and had a word with him,told him to watch his behaviour ,and to have "NO"!! contact with me what so ever,..the neighbour doesn't even look at me any more,bully boy he was!.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

In any case the law regarding clamping on private land is far from straightforward and then there is the matter of the cost of wheel clamps.
Not suggesting they actually clamp any vehicle, just make an official looking sign....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Not suggesting they actually clamp any vehicle, just make an official looking sign....
Like that would work.

We toyed with the idea of epoxy filler in the door locks but with remote control central locking that's an option that wouldn't work. We thought about slashing the tyres but that would have been too obvious. Notes stuck on windscreens just got screwed up and left on the mud and trying to talk had resulted in being abused with references being made to incomers thinking they owned the village. The police had their hands tied because the cars were being left on private land.

We resorted to self help as the last option.

It worked
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

I will stick with the concrete block for now,see what happens.

I couldn't put spikes down,because I couldn't live with my self,if I caused them to have an accident ,but thanks anyway!.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 11:30 PM

You could always try cable tying a shopping trolley to their door handle

Never done it myself but I like the idea.

I used to occasionally get people parking across my driveway so I would just let down their tyres (by unscrewing the valve) but since then I have painted a white line on the road which has completely solved the problem.

Amazing how a simple white line makes such a difference.

Parking across my drive is actually illegal because it is within 10 metres of the dunny lane.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:22 AM

Bruce, everyone knows what a dunny is, and what a lane is, but what the heck is a dunny lane, and why is this lane 32 and a bit feet from your drive?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Bruce, everyone knows what a dunny is, and what a lane is, but what the heck is a dunny lane, and why is this lane 32 and a bit feet from your drive?
@Spitfire – I don't like to interrupt so hope you will not mind me adding to the thread?

Reading your post I too was intrigued to know what a 'dunny lane' is. A quick search revealed the answer, from that it's well-known that this can be a cause of neighbour disputes, see link below:

https://theplanthunter.com.au/garden...secret-garden/
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:36 AM

Oh, I see, in Oz, it can be a romantic notion "Taking a Walk down Dunny Lane".
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Some things never change, the fact that none changed things no longer affect you, is more about you, than the things, Simples.
Very true, Spitty.

Page 7 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top