Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 05:38 PM

Re: Why did you join a forum?

I Tend to use whatsapp Sweety as you can say and show what you like

Most of the stuff my mates send is pure smutt and very right wing
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
I Tend to use whatsapp Sweety as you can say and show what you like

Most of the stuff my mates send is pure smutt and very right wing
I use WhatsApp also.
Nothing naughty though, it is nice too see who you are chatting with.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
What were your reasons?
I sometimes wonder!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I was invited here at the very start in 2009 by the boss
I was not invited but was a member of Dogsey at the time and joined when he started up this forum.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I sometimes wonder!

Bless.

Originally Posted by galty ->
I was not invited but was a member of Dogsey at the time and joined when he started up this forum.
And you stayed. Do you post on both?
I know I am nosey.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 02:45 AM

In 2001 I had my first laptop,dial up speed, no youtube,etc... so had to do something with it and saw that the BBC had hundreds of boards.It was good fun,I made some great internet friends and I'm still in touch with a lot of them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:27 AM

Because most of the Pubs closed, and those that haven't have become Restaurants.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Because most of the Pubs closed, and those that haven't have become Restaurants.
That's because you live in the wealthy south, Spitty. There's still plenty of good old-fashioned pubs here in Yorkshire.
I must add that most of them do rely on their pub meals to keep them going though
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A good point Spitty, although I use Garden Centres these days instead of pubs, you can get a good meal at most of them and meet people of a similar age. I know you can't visit them in the evenings but I'm usually too tired to do anything after six...Hence another reason why I joined a forum. Because I do more sitting than I used to and it's crap on't telly....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-04-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
In 2001 I had my first laptop,dial up speed, no youtube,etc... so had to do something with it and saw that the BBC had hundreds of boards.It was good fun,I made some great internet friends and I'm still in touch with a lot of them.
That is lovely that you are still in touch.
I think of forum friends as pen friends.

[QUOTE=spitfire;1691869]Because most of the Pubs closed, and those that haven't have become Restaurants.[/QUOTE
True Spitty, I have to drive to the depths of the New Forest to find an old fashioned pub. Although there are a couple in Christchurch.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A good point Spitty, although I use Garden Centres these days instead of pubs, you can get a good meal at most of them and meet people of a similar age. I know you can't visit them in the evenings but I'm usually too tired to do anything after six...Hence another reason why I joined a forum. Because I do more sitting than I used to and it's crap on't telly....
So true about TV Foxy.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top