Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2015, 05:22 PM

Re: Feisty Charlotte

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
She's speaking her truth.
Ergo: Because you agree she is therefore speaking your truth.

I merely claimed she's a regurgitating mouthpiece .. so I guess she must be speaking someone's truth. Yours.

You like and respect her.
I don't.
Where's the problem in that.

The difference with us is, even if I dislike someone intensely, I will give them credit where its due - regardless .........
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2015, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Of course not all of them - but why lump her in with the likes of them two - hardly the same is it
She is fighting 'one' cause ........
She's boosting a flagging career after been a child star on a talent show.
If she can find her niche good for her but she's a long way to go before I'd take her seriously.

Edited to add ... I've just found where she said this.

Charlotte Church says she would pay tax at 70% to protect public services http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...ublic-services

And I will say ... go on then Missy. Put your money where your principled mouth is instead of dealing in hypotheticals.
And see if she sticks to it when she realises her popularity drops with those within her own circle whose popularity she needs. I might well change my mind about her if she does that.
She reminds me of Wolfie in Citizen Smith.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2015, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]
The difference with us is, even if I dislike someone intensely, I will give them credit where its due - regardless .........
I didn't say I disliked her intensely. Words are cheap. Actions count. Nor is she some kind of icon to me I need worship.
How many of these celebs jump on one bandwagon or another.

Take Russell Brand .. the revolutionary .. did he or did he not advise people to not vote because of his own lack of faith in politicians. He had a point actually, weary voters not knowing who to believe in and support.
Then the day before the Election he publicly supported Labour and encouraged voting for them. The day after they lost he retracted he'd said it and tried to bluff his way out of it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2015, 05:31 PM

Well I did ask the question - because I saw comments just like yours - spiteful without 'foundation'
I got my answer, so I'm grateful to you for that
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2015, 05:32 PM

I didn't say I disliked her intensely. Words are cheap. Actions count. Nor is she some kind of icon to me I need worship.
How many of these celebs jump on one bandwagon or another.

Take Russell Brand .. the revolutionary .. did he or did he not advise people to not vote because of his own lack of faith in politicians. He had a point actually, weary voters not knowing who to believe in and support.
Then the day before the Election he publicly supported Labour and encouraged voting for them. The day after they lost he retracted he'd said it and tried to bluff his way out of it.
I didn't say 'you' disliked her intensely
I have no time for celebs either
She is a singer who has strong views - simple as that for me
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

05-06-2015, 05:35 PM

Oh right.
You like her. I don't ... until she proves herself.

Clearly you're cut-up and offended on her behalf so I shan't say anything else that differs with your view.
My intention was not to offend.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2015, 05:38 PM

Oh right.
You like her. I don't ... until she proves herself.

Clearly you're cut-up and offended on her behalf so I shan't say anything else that differs with your view.
My intention was not to offend.
I have absolutely no feeling about her, like or dislike
And, you haven't offended me at all ...........
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

05-06-2015, 05:44 PM

Good... glad to hear it as I like you
I'll keep me neb out in future or read the thread first and go with the general consensus.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2015, 05:46 PM

She's boosting a flagging career after been a child star on a talent show.
If she can find her niche good for her but she's a long way to go before I'd take her seriously.

Edited to add ... I've just found where she said this.

Charlotte Church says she would pay tax at 70% to protect public services http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...ublic-services

And I will say ... go on then Missy. Put your money where your principled mouth is instead of dealing in hypotheticals.
And see if she sticks to it when she realises her popularity drops with those within her own circle whose popularity she needs. I might well change my mind about her if she does that.
She reminds me of Wolfie in Citizen Smith.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it however irrational and silly it is.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2015, 05:46 PM

Good... glad to hear it as I like you
I'll keep me neb out in future or read the thread first and go with the general consensus.
You should never do that (and I know you wont )
We've had a discussion that's all, I asked the question - you answered,in your Miss Piggy way ............................

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top