Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 08:36 AM

OCD s

My friends laugh at me for I have certain obsessive compulsory traits. When I leave the house I always have to check for dripping taps , check the kettle and microwave are off at the wall and close the kitchen door (in case of fire).

When I go to bed I have to do it all again. Strangely enough my sister does the same . I noticed when I went to stay with her last week.

I wonder if others do similar
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 08:47 AM

Re: OCD s

It's a fine line between OCD and good old tidiness and I must admit to crossing that line sometimes myself on occasion..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 08:57 AM

I'm different to that, and my Husband goes mad with me as i tend to follow him around when he's not looking, by putting things back in the right place, and straighten things either by squaring them off ie.. pictures and ornaments. I like symmetry, i'm the same at work cleaning offices, people drop paper on the floor missing their litter bin, er sorry i have to pick it up!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 09:01 AM

When it gets light or gets dark I close/open the curtains. Sheila always comes after me and 'arranges' the curtains.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 09:16 AM

I wonder if others do similar
Yes unfortunately . When I am going out I always have to get out of the car an go back to check the door is locked it is a family joke.

I am better than I used to be , I still could not sleep if there was any washing up left in the sink it must all be put away.
I no longer need to check if all the linen is lined up squarely in the airing cupboard, probably because I am the only one to use the cupboard now .

There are other things but at the risk of sounding completely OTT I won't mention them.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 10:55 AM

My daughter and my OH suffer from mild OCD.

Routines have to be followed in the kitchen chopping boards and knives have to be used correctly and my daughter gets through an awful lot of cleaning products and hygenic wipes... She works in an office where the computers are shared and she disinfects the keyboard daily...

OH wont touch railings, public door handles, lift buttons or crossing buttons etc with bare hands if at all possible..

It can make things difficult to outsiders but for me its just routine.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I'm different to that, and my Husband goes mad with me as i tend to follow him around when he's not looking, by putting things back in the right place, and straighten things either by squaring them off ie.. pictures and ornaments. I like symmetry, i'm the same at work cleaning offices, people drop paper on the floor missing their litter bin, er sorry i have to pick it up!
Oh wow that so sounds like me I do the same when I alter something he does like drawing the curtains, he doesn't do it tidy so I have to straighten them. all sorts like that but after 42 years married he said he expects me to change everything now lol I just asked him.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 03:33 PM

I had an ocd thing when I had a mental illness. It was awful. Not a cleaning thing, but a thought thing. The only thing that helped was sertraline.

Otherwise, I have to check taps are off, electrical things are off before I'd dream of going out the door.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Oh wow that so sounds like me I do the same when I alter something he does like drawing the curtains, he doesn't do it tidy so I have to straighten them. all sorts like that but after 42 years married he said he expects me to change everything now lol I just asked him.
The thing is i do it all the time. I think it stems back to when i lived alone and things were alway's in place where i wanted them. But now i'm trying to nuture him into doing things my way And it works sometimes
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
The thing is i do it all the time. I think it stems back to when i lived alone and things were alway's in place where i wanted them. But now i'm trying to nuture him into doing things my way And it works sometimes
Good luck with the nurturing, its taken me years and still nurturing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top