Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2011, 09:27 PM

Re: 10 Pet Requests

Your replies are all hilarious!
Got my own back today ..... my son asked if we'd join his family on the beach for the day along with my daughter's two kiddies. We knew that parking would be impossible and my husband was moaning about the heat etc etc so I told him to take us all there in two trips and collect us all again with two more trips later. Just as he dropped me off at the beach cafe I asked him to go and buy a leg of lamb, new potatoes and profiteroles and have it all ready for our return, which he did. He couldn't complain in front of all the others! My son spoilt me rotten, all I had to do was lay back, read my book and enjoy the glorious views while he looked after the five children and I gloated knowing that the husband was slaving over a hot stove in this heat.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 10:46 AM

Wow Maryl you are some naughty sister. Fancy this very moody man slaving over a hot stove for you. He can't be all bad if he can cook a leg of lamb.......... Did he sulk in the shed afterwards?

I am so glad that you had a really enjoyable day even with five children, my mind boggles 5 CHILDREN.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Yes it was a smashing day and I am still feeling the benefits this morning. We are so lucky to live down here. Three of the children are my son's and two are my daughter's aged 2 to 9 yrs. Beside's the lamb he was left with Dizzy the bonkers dog (son's) who made another hole in our fence and dug up a few more holes, bless her.
I will get another dog one day I do know that.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 12:00 PM

I am so glad you had a good day full of love and laughter you do sound as if you deserve that now and again.

Talking of dogs diging a hole in fences reminds me of when we had just returned from the Caribbean, we had lived out there for some time (husbands job) and we took our dog with us. We paid hundreds of pounds in kennel fees before he came over to get all his rabies shots and stuff. We were living on a tiny island and could not get permission for him to fly on one of their passenger planes so we spent hundreds of pounds to charter a plane from St Lucia to St Vincent. All this time our poor dog was in a small crate.
Then when he was there we spent hundreds of pounds because he was bitten by a tick which made him gravely ill.

Coming back via Barbados another load of money. Well we arrived at my dear cousins house. Now remember my poor dog had been in a crate on the plane and then in a cage at the airport so as soon as we got home we let him out into the garden.

I was assurred that the garden was safe 'HE CAN'T GET OUT' they said but it was a big garden and they didn't realise that the fence right at the bottom had been removed. My dog left the building out into the great out doors of busy roads. Thank god a neighbour caught him and brought him back.
We so love our dog and for the love and comfort he has given us over his six years those pounds mean nothing but you obviously have to watch out for fences.
maryl
UK

04-07-2011, 01:50 PM

Goodness what a fright, after all that effort! Was that Ruud, cos looking at his photo it looks as if butter wouldn't melt? Can't say I blame him though ........ these things are sent to try us
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

04-07-2011, 02:20 PM

He is the most fantastic dog in the world. He has been my rock when hubs wasn't able to be around. I have cried with him, moaned at him but most of all he makes me laugh and always loves me. He is gentle and even though he is a mixed breed he is worth the whole world to us.
maryl
UK

05-07-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
He is the most fantastic dog in the world. He has been my rock when hubs wasn't able to be around. I have cried with him, moaned at him but most of all he makes me laugh and always loves me. He is gentle and even though he is a mixed breed he is worth the whole world to us.
Beautifully worded Kate, from the heart, which brings us right back to your first post ..... to just love them as much as they love us. Easily done!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top