Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 02:49 AM

Re: It's not True! Is it?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
You haven't met my husband.
We don’t need to.
We know you.

For the first 25 years I did all the cooking but that all changed.
Now my man cooks some things and is quite good at it.
He doesn’t cook from scratch though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm only saying what all the blokes are thinking.
Too right. Go get 'em buddy!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 03:31 AM

Hi

Any lady who thinks that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach is setting her sights too high.

We are very simple people.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 08:42 AM

The way to my husband's heart is academia.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
The way to my husband's heart is academia.
You've got at least one child Tara, Mr T must have succled on the forbidden fruit once .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:12 AM

I don’t know I have two brothers and to all intents and purposes my mother didn’t do that sort of thing .
She would turn the TV off at the least suggestion of sex.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
'The way to a man's heart is his through stomach'

The fact is that many men are married or have partners who can't or won't cook.

They must be very good at something else!!

Hmm, I wonder what??
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:09 AM

I don't know what it is about Irish families but it seemed when we were children, Mum was the only one who cooked meals and baked. Whenever I tried to help in the kitchen, I just seemed to get in the way rather than be of any use.
As for any of my six brothers wanting to help? forget it! my Irish Miner dad would have had a fit if any of them started cooking. I'm afraid back then it was a case of men were men, women had housekeeping money every week to pay the bills, cook and clean. (I wasn't anywhere near a budding kitchen goddess)

I only learned to cook from looking at how mum did it, and when I went out into the big bad world on my own. I picked it up pretty quickly though, and in the end, thought nothing of doing dinner for 8 or even 10 of my friends. I think it must have been my confidence that enabled me to cook dishes that (not always mind you) were usually successful.

As for my brothers, every one of them knew how to cook once they were married and the macho man and the little woman of the house era was well and truly finished.
They are great cooks now.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:22 AM

My sons-in-law and grandsons are very good cooks.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top