Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 11:30 PM

Re: A Ban on Bees

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Bumble bees love to be stroked.
I'll have to try that! They look soooooo fluffy!
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Bumble bees love to be stroked.
I've done that before, as long as they don't feel threatened they will be OK. I watched midsomer murders the other night and after a death, the neighbour said she would need to tell the bees. Haven't got around to googling it yet but has anyone heard of this superstition?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Freshfields ->
I've done that before, as long as they don't feel threatened they will be OK. I watched midsomer murders the other night and after a death, the neighbour said she would need to tell the bees. Haven't got around to googling it yet but has anyone heard of this superstition?

Yes, I have actually FF. When a farmer friend of mine died a few years back, I remember his wife saying she must go and tell the bees. She was quite insistent.
I'd never heard it before, or since.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Freshfields ->
Agnes it is an old country custom and it was common when I was a little girl .
If the bees were not told it was thought they would leave then there wouldn't be any honey.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 12:51 AM

Ah, that makes more sense then Meg. The wife said if she didn't tell them the bees would go looking for him.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top