Join for free
Page 289 of 370 « First < 189 239 279 287 288 289 290 291 299 339 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 03:11 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks Floydy. The encouragement I get in here has really helped me get going, that's for sure. I'm heading to the gym tomorrow, and really looking forward to it!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Thanks Floydy. The encouragement I get in here has really helped me get going, that's for sure. I'm heading to the gym tomorrow, and really looking forward to it!
Now this is you having your turn to motivate me ! Looking forward to your next rung up the ladder of greatness, Tachyon
Now I MUST get myself geared up to go too tomorrow. Hell, I wish there were more hours in the day!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Don't worry Bob, there are other days. Hope the trip to Bakewell was more enjoyable.
Have you been checked out by the doc yet?
Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Well, OGF?

Hiya, Floydy.
Unfortunately a window of opportunity hasn't presented itself yet guys, but my doctors visit is imminent.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 02:07 AM

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Somebody ran off with your post, Suzie
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 04:54 PM

Enjoyed myself today as not only was it an enjoyable session but everyone seemed very chatty, which was nice. Session rated at 89/100, 842 calories burnt (personal record!), 1,240 reps in total (usually in 20's, some 15's and legs, stomach and back in 30's).

Shoulder Press: 80 x 15kg
Tricep Extension: 60 x 30kg, 80 x 35kg (upping the weights)
Back Extension: 150 x 50kg
Stomach Crunch: 120 x 50kg
Chest Press: 50 x 40kg, 15 x 50kg (upping the weights)
Leg Curl: 60 x 30kg
Leg Extension: 60 x 25kg
Hip Abduction: 50 x 30kg, 90 x 35kg (upping the weights)
Pec Deck: 55 x 40kg, 25 x 45kg, 10 x 50kg (upping the weights)
Hip Adduction: 120 x 30kg (getting better! I don't even walk like John Wayne afterwards, lol)
Pull Down: 60 x 50kg
Low Row: 80 x 45kg (upped the weights)
Leg Sled: 75 x 80kg

Really pleased with stamina and breathing, and even the legs are coming on. I did less reps in total than the last session but I have raised the weights on a few machines by 5kg, so I tired a little quicker. I'm happy with that though.

Good luck all, and may all your training be "in the zone".
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 07:16 AM

That's a fine workout, Tachyon and you must be pleased as punch that your stamina is coming along. It's all abut strengthening those legs, which you seem to be doing well. I see that you had another round on the sled. Good for you!

My exercise was spent getting up in the middle of the night to get to the hospital for the next round of treatments, and then driving half way across country to get to Kansas for a week of helping out my mom. I can already feel the decay of sitting behind the wheel for fifteen hours!

I arrived in the Land of Oz to find that her little town received ten inches of rain and two tornadoes (missed the house by a half mile) night before last which has turned the basement into a lake. The last two hours have been spent using the carpet shampooer to extract water as much water as I can. I am beat and going to bed, but will be seeking the forum's advice in the morning. The best thing is that it is cool and dry tomorrow, so I can loosen up all those stiff joints tomorrow. Yay!

What are you all doing out there?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 10:10 AM

Sorry to hear of your plight Surfermom, 'It never rains but it pours'.... An old Yorkshire saying.....

I had a couple of struggling five mile runs on Thursday and Friday, only just missed the rain on both occasions, although the lane is still quite firm after two days of constant rain.

I was wondering if the chest infection I had a couple of weeks ago might be the reason for my poor performances just lately. It didn't seem to last all that long, but Mrs Fox is still coughing a bit, but I never seem to hang on to stuff for long.
Tachyon

12-05-2019, 12:42 PM

Thanks Surfermom. I'm hoping that by now you managed to get out and loosen those stiff joints. How did it go?

Yesterday I did my best session so far at the gym! I managed to burn 919 calories and got over the 90% mark (only just!) for a rating of 91/100 for effort. When I started in January I was doing between 250 to 230 calories a session and was scored at around the 35 to 50 mark. I was also only using 6 to 8 machines back at the start, since I was being careful about straining the heart, but now I am up to 14 machines. As usual, reps below are totals for the session and were broken up into sets.

Leg Curl: 40 x 30kg
Stomach Crunch: 120 x 50kg
Back Extension: 120 x 50kg
Leg Extension: 40 x 30kg
Tricep Extension: 40 x 30kg, 135 x 35kg *
Hip Abduction: 120 x 30kg, 30 x 35kg *
Shoulder Press: 20 x 15kg, 10 x 20kg
Low Row: 120 x 45kg *
Pec Deck: 160 x 40kg *
Chest Press: 45 x 40kg, 20 x 45kg
Curl: 110 x 20kg *
Pull Down: 80 x 50kg, 40 x 60kg
Hip Adduction: 70 x 30kg, 40 x 35kg * (pleased with this)
Leg Sled: 80 x 80kg * (pleased with this, too, lol)

Exercises marked with an asterisk are ones I added a bit of weight to and/or did more reps than usual. Feeling nicely tired today, but very content. As a little bonus, my new fitness watch recorded I walked 3 miles getting to and from the gym and doing so supposedly burnt another 150 calories. I'll be in my Mankini yet this summer.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-05-2019, 12:57 PM

A reasonably good weather forecast for today and waking up to find visibility down to about five hundred yards - usually the sign of a nice day - I set out in earnest and with a little trepidation at around six thirty to skip my way round a Sunday Eight miler.

I call it my Sunday eight miler because I seem to be stuck on that distance for the past few weeks, and not felt like like doing anything else.

So after a wobbly mile I was soon out of the village and into the quiet solitude of the country. Things seem to have evened out and I was into the zone, how long it would last was anybody's guess. The mist still hung like a curtain with me running in my own little bubble, and although the sun was reaching ever higher in the sky it looked watery and ill defined.

No question about taking the grassy canal bank and turning an eight into a ten, after almost a week of rain I would have had to wring my socks out at the other end, and by recent standards there is doubt whether I could even run a ten, and if I did would it be the end of life as I know it....Mine anyway..

So I sheepishly passed the kissing gate and took the easy option. I like roads these days anyway, you can let your mind wander and leave the legs to get on with it.
One thing I had noticed while running in my little dome of restricted vision, the wildlife was making an amazing racket, birds mainly, so I suppose it just confirmed what the weatherman had forecast last night, and I think they were excited at the prospect of a nice sunny warm day.

So I padded on past farms and smallholdings and was surprised how good I still felt after six miles, and with just a long straight easy climb over the railway crossings and past the church, there was just the village to negotiate and thoughts of 'Why did I have to buy a house at the other end of the village'.....

Page 289 of 370 « First < 189 239 279 287 288 289 290 291 299 339 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top