Join for free
Page 290 of 370 « First < 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 01:12 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I love your descriptions of your runs, OGF, as it paints a lovely picture in my mind's eye. I could almost see the mist and hear those birds! I really envy you running 8 miles, I really do. It's really nice when you have one of those days when you're "in the zone", isn't it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 02:01 PM

First day i have been for a quick 20 min walk ( just about 1.5 miles) since I had that fall. Bit out of breath but not too bad and the ribs not hurting so much. Quite pleased with myself even though the wrong side of 74years old.
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 02:57 PM

Nice work, realspeed. You might be the wrong side of 74 but you're on the right side of "not being a quitter". Too many people who have had a setback don't make that first step back to recovery and wonder why they are so much worse off later on. I tip my hat to you.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I love your descriptions of your runs, OGF, as it paints a lovely picture in my mind's eye. I could almost see the mist and hear those birds! I really envy you running 8 miles, I really do. It's really nice when you have one of those days when you're "in the zone", isn't it.
Thanks Tachyon I appreciate the feedback. I am sometimes thinking of the things I want to write while I'm actually running, it makes the experience even better because you take more notice of the things around you....I could never run with music....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
First day i have been for a quick 20 min walk ( just about 1.5 miles) since I had that fall. Bit out of breath but not too bad and the ribs not hurting so much. Quite pleased with myself even though the wrong side of 74years old.
Good work Realspeed, if you make it regular it will become an enjoyable habit and you will miss it on those occasions that you can't go out....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-05-2019, 10:40 AM

A bit sparse in here just lately....

On what is probably the best morning of the year (weatherwise) I managed to coax these tired old bones round a very quiet and scenic five mile course....

After a hot shower produced a pink and shiny Foxy, and a bowl of honey covered porridge took care of recovery, I shall continue with the browning of my legs under a warm spring sun and do the whole route again but walking.....

The thing is, I've run out of milk and the Tesco is half way round....I wonder if Sylvia will be managing till number four?......
Tachyon

14-05-2019, 03:47 PM

Gym went OK today in spite of a bit of low morale caused by a phone call as I was en route to the gym. it was the hospital telling me to stop taking the low dose of chemo as my blood test yesterday showed problems to the liver. I'm seeing them next week but I pray I get started on the med again.

Anyway, scored 86/100, burnt 700 calories, but for some reason I noticed a two or three of the machines didn't record a couple of the sets I did on them. Not much point in listing the workout really, although I think I did pretty well given my low mood.

Enjoy your training, everyone!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 04:34 PM

The day is beautiful and breezy, smack down the middle of the continental U.S. in a place that doesn't look altogether different from the Russian steppe - seemingly endless grasslands and big skies in every direction. It has its own beauty this time of year when the grasses are deep green and wildflowers look as if fairies have tossed them in handfuls in every direction.

Reporting from a front porch rocking chair looking across the Kansas plain, I am finally slowing down long enough so as not to lose another post (yesterday) or to give the impression that I have given up running for the remote and a comfortable chair.

Realspeed
, I'm thrilled to read that you are rebuilding your routine of being outdoors. As much as you travel, I imagine that walking endurance would be something that is most important to you. Every step is a good one.

Tachyon, I hope you don't let this news take the wind out of your sails, but I don't blame you for feeling disappointed . I would think that once you get your liver tests back to a normal reading, your treatment will resume. As much as you have changed your lifestyle in such a remarkable way in an equally remarkable short time , I would think that they might be able to suggest some changes in diet that might help. Drink lots of water, T, and good luck. Excellent calorie burn!

OGF, as my only tan lines are a result of my running togs (and I have been good about getting those miles in) my skin is more akin to one of those exotherm shrimp found in the depths of the Arctic Ocean - all but transparent, and shockingly white . There is good surf to be had in the forecast, so next week I'll be back in Florida, working all those surfing muscles (quads, triceps, etc.) and bit of a suntan, while I'm at it. Never let it be said that I'm not conscious of the visual pollution that I might possibly inflict on the general public .

Running here is Kansas is fantastic. The word Kansas is from a Native American language that means "People of the South Wind" - and windy it is. Fortunately, this time of year is has a marvelous cooling effect on the runner with the added benefit of almost zero humidity. After five or so miles, I have the sense that I have perspired nary a drop, unlike the soggy state I am in after a humid Florida run.

Have a great day everyone. Work hard and may you run across your "Sylvias".
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A bit sparse in here just lately....

On what is probably the best morning of the year (weatherwise) I managed to coax these tired old bones round a very quiet and scenic five mile course....

After a hot shower produced a pink and shiny Foxy, and a bowl of honey covered porridge took care of recovery, I shall continue with the browning of my legs under a warm spring sun and do the whole route again but walking.....

The thing is, I've run out of milk and the Tesco is half way round....I wonder if Sylvia will be managing till number four?......
Your sweetheart?

We walk several miles a day. We being my wife, myself, and that dog. The first is an hour uphill. Meet greet, stroll on. Talk to all the lovely ladies.
My dear wife claims that I flirt.......

Then back down. Home and do a few chores.

Repeat. The third stroll is usually a shorter one down The Rig.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 09:04 PM

Tomorrow I have a blood test at the hospital.
I shall walk there and back through the park
It's miles!!!!
I shall wear my new pedometer

Page 290 of 370 « First < 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top