Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 05:24 PM

Re: How to stop email notifications

For me - at the end of the Email message it says 'to unsubscribe to this thread - click link,' I do this often .....
dreamer
tennessee usa
dreamer is female  dreamer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 06:03 PM

Thanks PatsCG, Ill try that
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer ->
Thanks PatsCG, Ill try that
Hello Danette you need to go to your Control Panel and alter the settings...

So first go to your Control Panel in the orange strip at the top of the page..
..now go to Edit Options..
..then Messaging and Notifications...
now select as required from the box, it look like this ..
Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:
..you need to select DO NOT SUBSCRIBE from the list and don't forget to save the changes at the bottom of the page
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 11:54 PM

I have the opposite problem, although in my settings I have set to receive e-mails I have not received any now for a couple of weeks, despite threads I have contributed to or even started having responses. Any suggestions as why this is happening and how to correct?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 11:58 PM

Hello Daisy I don't know, it could be somthing to do with your email being blocked I will check with Admin.
What email system do you use?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 03:03 PM

Hi Ive been to "edit options" to stop all these email notifications but im still getting them.....how can I stop them please. ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Hi Ive been to "edit options" to stop all these email notifications but im still getting them.....how can I stop them please. ?
I can only suggest what I do (in the meantime till you find out)
Scroll down a bit from the Email message and it says to unsubscribe - click that - job done
I love your signature
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 04:28 PM

I don't read my emails...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2015, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't read my emails...
Well that's one way of doing it - just don't read them
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 07:19 PM

I dont read mine either but theres so many of them that theyre clogging up my email..I just have to delete them all each day,they seem to be inbreeding and making more lol
Thanks Patsy I will give that a go

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top