Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:18 PM

Yippee ! new car

After a few weeks of not driving as jeremy the jazz had to be sold because he fell apart around me I am back on the road again tomorrow. Just paid a deposit on a very nice 14 year old honda CRV ! So anyone wanting to accuse me of have a 4x4 will now be right, beautiful silver grey colour and I have some floral graphics to put on it when it arrives.

I can see me having a bit of independence again and that'll feel pretty good I didn't realise how much I'd miss driving myself places.

So now have to name the car having a think any ideas welcome but might not be followed
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:30 PM

Re: Yippee ! new car

New car name Julie darlin' - Jools (as in Jools Holland) !!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
After a few weeks of not driving as jeremy the jazz had to be sold because he fell apart around me I am back on the road again tomorrow. Just paid a deposit on a very nice 14 year old honda CRV ! So anyone wanting to accuse me of have a 4x4 will now be right, beautiful silver grey colour and I have some floral graphics to put on it when it arrives.

I can see me having a bit of independence again and that'll feel pretty good I didn't realise how much I'd miss driving myself places.

So now have to name the car having a think any ideas welcome but might not be followed
Well done Julie. You have probably bought mine which was written off a few weeks ago, that was 14 years old and silver. If you want the radio/Nav code let me know.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:53 PM

Julie, first, congratulations on your new ( to you) car, I hope you enjoy it, now is it a 4x4, or just an SUV? , if it’s not a true off roader, then it won’t have four wheel drive, so don’t be going on anything too rough...now how about Charlie, for a name, Charlie the crv, has a ring to it don’t you think...?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:56 PM

Harry the Honda?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Never seen the point of a compact recreational vehicle.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Julie, first, congratulations on your new ( to you) car, I hope you enjoy it, now is it a 4x4, or just an SUV? , if it’s not a true off roader, then it won’t have four wheel drive, so don’t be going on anything too rough...now how about Charlie, for a name, Charlie the crv, has a ring to it don’t you think...?
The CRV is a true 4x4 and is excellent in snow and on ice. I have never driven mine off road although I have driven through a flood quite easily. They are great vehicles but expensive to repair.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 06:25 PM

We had a silver Ford Granada years ago, we called it Tonto (Lone Ranger...hi ho Silver get it?)
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The CRV is a true 4x4 and is excellent in snow and on ice. I have never driven mine off road although I have driven through a flood quite easily. They are great vehicles but expensive to repair.
So where does the recreational part kick in??
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 07:26 PM

You've had a boy car - how about a girl car now Julie?

Hilda the Honda sounds good.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top