Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 03:17 PM

A stroll around the plot

Just a stroll around the garden last week in the sunshine...

Alfie tackling a bone

The greenhouse border.. this year tomatos, cucumbers, sweet peppers and aubergines

Mini cucumbers growing well, first one eaten on a salad over the weekend

Tomatos doing nicely, two varieties this year Premio main crop and Gardeners Delight cherry toms

The veg plot, parsnips, carrots, beetroot, lettuce, radish, sugar snap peas, runner beans, onions, cauliflowers, cabbages, swede and brussels, plus strawberries and raspberry canes...

The veg plot from the other end..

Gooseberries coming on well, we also have blackcurrants and blueberry bushes.

The rhubarb patch

Rosemary's favourite white foxgloves.

And a pink variety

Just caught a bee leaving this one

Looking back towards the house

Rosemary's favourite hebe

A bracket type fungus growing on an old sycamore stump

Oscar's favourite pastime, just sniffing around in the hopes of finding something to roll in

And of course nosy Alfie, who just follows me everywhere
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 03:39 PM

Re: A stroll around the plot

Gorgeous garden, mines a wilderness & I love your dogs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 03:40 PM

All looking fantastic Barry and very organised and productive particularly considering the short time you have lived there

A lot of hard work has clearly gone into your garden.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 03:41 PM

The dogs are looking good too, Chloe like to just wander around the garden sniffing everything ..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 03:59 PM

What a smashing garden Barry, you and Rosemary have worked very hard on it and it has paid off.

It gets my vote for Garden of the Year!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Gorgeous garden, mines a wilderness & I love your dogs.
Thanks Tiff, this was a wilderness too when we came, and but for our OCD affliction it would probably still be...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

24-06-2019, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
All looking fantastic Barry and very organised and productive particularly considering the short time you have lived there

A lot of hard work has clearly gone into your garden.
Originally Posted by Meg ->
The dogs are looking good too, Chloe like to just wander around the garden sniffing everything ..
Thanks Meg, and as for Oscar he would spend the whole summer just laying on the lawn and sniffing the breeze, whatever happened to that manic little ball of black fur that we brought home eight years ago...

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What a smashing garden Barry, you and Rosemary have worked very hard on it and it has paid off.

It gets my vote for Garden of the Year!
Many thanks Mags, but most of the work is down to Rosemary in the flower borders, I am only allowed to look but not touch...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 04:14 PM

Hi

Absolutely stunning Barry.

I am 9 months down the line doing mine, and a long way from the perfection you have.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

24-06-2019, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Absolutely stunning Barry.

I am 9 months down the line doing mine, and a long way from the perfection you have.
Thanks Swimmy, it's been a labour of love over four years but well worth the graft we reckon...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 05:40 PM

Fantastic Barry, the garden looks lovely and I am definitely envious of your veg plot.

Dogs are looking great too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top