Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 06:43 AM

5G

Not sure if this should be in here or in 'Technology' - either way I would welcome opinions on this.

To me - this sounds very scary - what do you think? Doctors and Scientists would seem to agree.

https://www.gaia.com/article/5g-heal...dxgu0AKHdEA9Ww
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:18 AM

Re: 5G

On reading the article, my first impression was to be wary of the author.

He does not appear to be a scientist as he is described as a writer and intuitive-empath, and author of "Field Guide to Personalities".
Nothing wrong with that, but coupled with the host site being called gaia.com, (Gaia is the name of the earth goddess), one wonders whether this is more a New Age idea, rather than one grounded in scientific fact?

Nothing wrong with New Age ideas, but with so much false or skewed info out there, it's as well to keep an open mind about 'facts'.

Remember what happened with the shock-horror 'facts' about vaccines?

I think I'll wait for more info, to be honest.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Remember what happened with the shock-horror 'facts' about vaccines?

I think I'll wait for more info, to be honest.
Remember also the original scares about using mobile phones and what could happen to our brains due to those. With the way they are now used and by so many people what does that say about the radiation scare of those early days? Has the overall mortality rate for mobile phone users increased since then I wonder?

Yes, as you say Pyxell probably best to wait for more information.

Watching the video, yes it's scary, it's also very reminiscent of someone preaching for effect, it certainly does that very well.

However, with today's technology I cannot even get 4g within the boundaries of my home and garden. Without wi-fi I cannot even make a mobile call – perhaps that will save me!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:50 AM

Sounds like one of Realist's more loopy ideas when he claimed smart meters caused cancer (a claim he later quietly dropped).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 09:48 AM

I took a friend to Weston Park Cancer hospital last year for her treatment. I commented on the fact that there were lots of patients waiting for treatment also. The nurse told me that when she started working there twenty years ago, there were about one in fifty people who suffered with cancer of some sort....Today that figure is more like one in five.....You've got to ask yourself WHY?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 10:08 AM

Global microwave.

Having watched a couple of BBC Click programmes ( available on youtube) it's a very scary prospect, but I would think, unavoidable now .Trials are going on all over the country. Even the cows are being linked up to it !

Not long before humans will be chipped at birth.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I took a friend to Weston Park Cancer hospital last year for her treatment. I commented on the fact that there were lots of patients waiting for treatment also. The nurse told me that when she started working there twenty years ago, there were about one in fifty people who suffered with cancer of some sort....Today that figure is more like one in five.....You've got to ask yourself WHY?
I think some of that is because people aren't dying of other things, cancers are being picked up a lot earlier than they used to be, and cancer treatment are a lot more effective and so more viable.

However, yes, there maybe other environmental factors like micro plastics in the atmosphere and in the food chain, plus pollution, possibly especially from diesel.

However, one can't rule out the possibility of an unquantifiable effect from radio/radiation waves etc. (Or whatever the scientific term is).
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Smoking and drinking, bad diet, harmful substances and dust being breathed in, skin cancers. Did this nurse suggest which cancers were on the increase or cancer in general?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Smoking and drinking, bad diet, harmful substances and dust being breathed in, skin cancers. Did this nurse suggest which cancers were on the increase or cancer in general?

People have always done those things Judd.
Personally, I believe all the chemicals we use daily probably contribute too.

I have written about this in the 'Beauty thread', because I find it quite alarming the amount of chemicals folks use day in, day out. Things like facial moisturisers, body creams, hand creams, cosmetics, shampoos/conditioners, deodorants, etc. Many of these things contain ingredients known to be toxic. Why is it allowed?

The majority of shoppers will not read labels, if it is in a pretty container and smells nice, they want it. Simple as that.

I believe these products are absorbed through the skin and can have an accumulitive affect over months and years.

That, combined with all the household sprays, cleaning products, polishes, so-called room 'fresheners,' etc all add up.

That's my opinion anyway, for what it's worth.

It is known that some 'Spot On' treatments applied to dogs skins have caused cancerous lumps at the site of application, yet they are still manufactured and sold.

It is not just smoking and bad diet in my opinion, it is a combination of a whole host of things.
Then of course, there are the garden and Agricultural chemicals in the food we eat, before we even start on all the technology around us!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Sounds like one of Realist's more loopy ideas when he claimed smart meters caused cancer (a claim he later quietly dropped).
Some bedtime reading:

http://emfsafetynetwork.org/smart-me...th-complaints/

"The National Toxicology Program found a statistically significant increase in brain cancers from exposure to cell phone frequencies. http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/results/are...nes/index.html

In 2015, 220 scientists who had published in peer-reviewed journals from 41 nations signed the International Scientists Appeal. Their warnings included cell phones, infrastructure, Wi-Fi, ‘smart’ meter/grid technology, as well as devices like baby monitors and commercial broadcast uses. www.emfscientist.org"

The BioInitiative report, updated in 2012 contains nearly 2000 papers reviewed by 29 international scientists from over 20 countries on the health and environmental effects of electromagnetic fields. Their conclusions note that the continued rollout of wireless technologies jeopardizes global health and recommends stricter biologically based standards, lower exposure limits, and a more cautious, science-based approach. www.bioinitiative.org

The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies wireless radiation as a 2B carcinogen, based on studies linking cell phone radiation to brain tumors!

http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/p...fs/pr208_E.pdf

Brain tumors are the leading cause of cancer-related deaths in children age 0-14

http://www.abta.org/about-us/news/br...or-statistics/

Be sure to read the plethora of testimonies at the bottom of that article.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top