Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 08:40 PM

Re: The deed is done!

Thanks again. I think RS is being a bit naughty, lol!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
So the reasons for the sale are...

1. My dog needs a garden, so I don't have to keep walking her.
2. I would dearly love a garden myself.
3. I want to be free of the restraints of owning a leasehold property. If I own my own house, I will be solely responsible for its upkeep and further sale.
4. The ghastly noisy drunken barstewards in the neighbouring social block.
5. Holly barking at the window or outside the French door at every passing dog.
6. Holly realising the foxes are about and getting fidgety and wanting to go out and see them.
7. Holly getting me out in the middle of the night for a toilet.
8. The church opposite and the noise from the drummers, the singing, the congregation milling about outside in the street, being incredibly noisy and disruptive.
9. A move away from the allotment and all the politics and nastiness. I will grow vegetables in my own garden, thank you very much.
10. My town is fast becoming a concrete jungle and I hate seeing all the blocks going up and the car parks being taken over for housing.
11. I shan't miss anybody else here.
12. I want to live where my sister is now living, in Suffolk, and enjoy what she is enjoying!!
Jazzi
Forgive me or truncating your detailed response.
We had a garden. In fact, our front gate opened on to a common green. I could walk Max out without a lead for miles.

We have local paths here but a short bit of a street to get to them then off the lead. He is fine with that. He sleeps through the night but will wake me early morning. Taps the bed. Let him out while I have a cuppa. Both of us go back to our beds.

We did have antisocial behaviour incidents. Often drug related.

We did have a garden but mostly pot plants. The back yard was laid in brick. Now we have places to plant borders and some shrubs.

But two main reasons prompted our moves. Being nearer the grand girls so we get frequent visits.

And a bigger house - more bang for your buck.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 09:17 PM

Not selling around here
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They are round here! And pretty darn quick too.

And look at Twinks. She sold hers in just a day or so, so don't worry Jazzi.
Two houses in our road were put on the market 1 and two weeks ago ..... both are now showing sold signs STC.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Not selling around here
That maybe because they are overpriced .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Not selling around here

Really?
Just as well you don't want to move then.

Maybe it's as Mags said - overpriced.
Or it could be word has got out they are going to build 5,000 homes on your doorstep!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 09:15 AM

I think everybody has some hassle when selling a house. My 78 year old friend has had her house up for sale for a year. She wants to move nearer to her daughter.

It's in a chain and twice the sale has fallen through due to somebody along the chain.

However - happy ending. It's finally gone through & she moves next week.

Stick in there Jazzi - don't let things get you down.

You really are reaching crisis point where you are now.

Good luck to you. It will be worth it in the end.x
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 02:01 PM

Thank you Carol. Let’s just say the time is right to move on.

I am seeing the solicitor on Wednesday AM, for ID and paperwork, and my HA will be here Tuesday AM for photos and floor plans. They hope to list it by 5 days so when I go away next weekend, just in case I get any interest and phone calls for viewings, I can keep track.

But then again, I might not get anybody, lol.

I have booked a very small (15sqft) storage unit for tomorrow. First month is £1 plus £12 insurance, then afterwards it’s £57.60 + ins. I hope to only keep it for 2 months, hopefully just long enough for viewings and getting photos done. I need to put away my sun lounger and cushion, both carpet shampooers, a dining chair, upturned coffee table and a box that are in the lounge corner, several portable heaters, and a low trolley (for carrying small stuff. Really need to Chuck it, it’s too small, but sometimes handy.)
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 03:04 PM

That's a good idea hiring a storage unit to put away "excess yet necessary" items for the viewing.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

12-07-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
That's a good idea hiring a storage unit to put away "excess yet necessary" items for the viewing.
Used them several times, very handy when decorating or having new carpets laid. As my flat is small there isn’t a lot of room to spare so shifting things out will clear floor space and just make the flat look tidier, especially for the photo session on Tuesday.

And when I’ve cleared a corner of my lounge next to the kitchen, I want to empty my fridge freezer (trying to run the stock down), get it moved to that spare corner, paint that part of the kitchen (decorated last year but of course couldn’t get behind it), and sweep/hoover all the muck n crap, and then order a new one. Friends of mine have one of those furniture movers and have previously offered to help. When the time comes, I will ask.

Am leaving the WM so won’t bother doing that bit. It’s tucked under the work top, and I don’t want to start shifting it out and the hoses move out of position.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top