Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 05:18 PM

Come on England!

Yeah, England Cricketers beat the Aussies! Even better, for all those who don't have Sky, everyone will be able to watch the final between England and New Zealand on Sunday. They announced this last week if England made it to the final. Thank you Sky.

Come on England!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 05:24 PM

Re: Come on England!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yeah, England Cricketers beat the Aussies! Even better, for all those who don't have Sky, everyone will be able to watch the f They announced this last week if England made it to the final. Thank you Sky.

Come on England!
Why would I support an English team??

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 05:26 PM

Yes .... c’mon England!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 05:45 PM

Just reading that Channel 4 is covering the England V New Zealand World Cup Cricket Final on Sunday from 9 am onwards, but because they are already covering the Grand Prix, the Cricket coverage will switch to More4 from 1.15 pm onwards. I know it's being relegated to a more obscure channel, but hey, who cares, Sky has the rights to the match so any channel that the public can watch for free is okay with me.

Come on England!
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 06:52 PM

A brilliant win by England against the old enemy! Roll on Sunday, let's make it the first England win in the World Cup since 1992 whatever channel it is on!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 10:26 PM

Don't forget that a 66 million population has to beat a 6 million by 11 times to win a moral victory!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:13 PM

Yes well done indeed England. You were the better team on the day and you deserved the win. So good luck in the final. Just remember, the population of New Zealand is about the same as Greater Melbourne. But the Kiwis punch hard and well above their weight in everything. So bring it on!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Don't forget that a 66 million population has to beat a 6 million by 11 times to win a moral victory!
Now don't be a bad loser before you've even lost!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:25 PM

I've just watched the highlights on Channel 4 and was both excited and relieved to see England beat the Aussies. Our players all played really well, and I hope they can repeat that standard when we play New Zealand.

Getting most of their batsmen out so early in the game was amazing and had even Marge on the edge of her seat.

I had every expectation that the Aussies would win because, although they do come across as arrogant and cocky, they do have a very good record in cricket.

I'm also very glad I found this thread because I wouldn't have know that they're going to switch to More 4 at 1.15pm, just for the bloody boring racing cars! Thanks, SG for the heads up.

I'll now have to include my current channels on both recorders to include More 4, which I had removed because there's nothing worth watching on that channel - until now!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:30 PM

May the best side win!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top