Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 04:31 PM

Re: The Carl Beech fiasco

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
An interesting if I'll advised approach to life if you apply that xenophobic principle as a general rule.
No, xenophobia, Todger. But yes, it's a card your sort use when it suits you.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
No, xenophobia, Todger. But yes, it's a card your sort use when it suits you.
What "sort" do you think I am? Seriously.

Trust me, there's SFA you could write that would offend me. I've been insulted by professionals!

Come to think of it people from most professions!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 01:59 PM

Peter Hitchens has spoken out on this case:

I have been a national newspaper journalist for more than 40 years, and a pretty alert citizen for longer than that, and I can recall few incidents as shocking and urgent as last week’s astonishing public statement by the distinguished judge Sir Richard Henriques.

Judges try very hard not to attack the police directly in public. They know the public must have confidence in them. They are supposed to be allies. But Sir Richard is not just criticising them. He is calling for the prosecutions of some officers.

Sir Richard made a detailed and forensic investigation of the appalling ‘Operation Midland’ three years ago.

He knows far more than he has ever been allowed to say about police failings and misdeeds in that idiotic pursuit of innocent men on the basis of mad, incredible charges from an obvious fantasist.

So if he thinks there should be prosecutions, there should be. There should be much more than that. It is time for a full inquiry into what the police do, what they are for and what powers they should have.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
It is quite right that any such accusations are taken seriously and investigated, but not in the way that this was, especially as there were considerable cover-ups for Cyril Smith, Rolf Harris, and Jimmy Saville
In the case of Rolf Harris I don’t think there were any cover ups .
No one would have known had not the woman concerned blackmailed him and he refused to pay up .
The other charges were all dismissed .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 11:59 PM

More
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...alsehoods.html

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top