Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:46 PM

Re: Politicians

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
They will have to get used to his style. I don't see his shambling manner as any detriment to the man and personally I don't think he speaks badly.
IMO he is not the buffoon that some people think he is.

Although I voted remain, if we are going to leave the EU I say lets give them a run for their money and stand up for ourselves with pride and humour rather than outright animosity - I have always liked Boris and I believe he can do that. I have felt quite optimistic this last couple of days and am pleased Boris is PM. He always puts a smile on my face and I can forgive him things I would condemn others for. Don't know why. Perhaps it's his determination and charismatic personality that appeals to me. Course, I could
just fancy him.
Good one Aerolor. I know I wasn't very complementary towards the man (sorry) might be you just fancy the man
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
But is that going to help when he is battling for Britain before the EU members
No need to battle, there never was. Just give The Fourth Reich the sailor's farewell (urban dictionary version) and walk.

THEN establish any trade deals or whatever.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 11:35 AM

Pity you haven't got a Keating on the horizon, now he was a politician.

Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 05:33 PM

I have already tried to put up a post but it didn't work so I
will try again. We have just got rid of May who was useless as a Home Secretary and even worse as a PM And now we get coco the clown as PM who cant string a sentence together I feel sorry for the interpreters at EU meetings trying to understand Boris probably end up cut their wrist god help them and god help us
Boris does exaggerate the buffoon image - the blustering manner with unfinished sentences gives him thinking time and enables him to avoid answering awkward questions - it suits his purpose.
His mannerisms often gain him popularity and forgiveness for behaviour that a more serious and less personally engaging person would not get away with - although when you’ve been taken in by his seemingly earnest assurances, then been betrayed by his lack of personal integrity, his mannerisms are much less engaging.

I used to know Boris in his University days and he was clever and brilliant but lazy and unreliable - and always had the ability to make you believe he was on your side - and make a convincing argument for two opposing viewpoints.

I think this article is a good summary of the enigma that is Boris.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/2gv...ohnson_battles
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 11:37 AM

I have already tried to put up a post but it didn't work so I
will try again. We have just got rid of May who was useless as a Home Secretary and even worse as a PM And now we get coco the clown as PM who cant string a sentence together I feel sorry for the interpreters at EU meetings trying to understand Boris probably end up cut their wrist god help them and god help us
As another relatively new member may I say that I wholeheartedly agree with your post pathfinder. Welcome!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 08:42 AM

**Off topic posts discussing thread titles and fellow members removed. If you have any complaints to make about the content of the site please use the appropriate section to comment and that is 'Feedback'
Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top