Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 01:55 PM

Re: Ex-Chancellor Phillip Hammond

If there was to be a second referendum I honestly believe the vote would now go to "remain".
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If there was to be a second referendum I honestly believe the vote would now go to "remain".
If that were to happen, I'd be happy that the majority gained what they wanted.

Sadly, I am absolutely convinced that they'd rue the day!

I can imagine how things would turn out if this country ended up under the control of a Franco-German alliance. They have already benefited from sending their undesirables to this country and, at the same time, draining us of our financial assets.

Many big businesses would continue to enjoy the cheap labour provided by the EU and their profits increase consequentially, of course.

But what would happen to the majority of people, especially those who voted to remain?

Some, who have the wherewithal, could move to a more desirable EU country. People with money are welcome everywhere.

Of course, everyone would still be able to vote for their favourite politicians. Voting for MEPs would have really no effect, though, as the EU is run by the unelected and self-serving Commission. If we still had a parliament in Westminster, they could still vote for MPs but, again, that would mean nothing as they would have no real power to make changes, taking their orders from the EU Commission.

Things would become very interesting, but fortunately I would be unlikely to be around when things become really bad.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 03:52 PM

The whole sorry mess kicked in when that twat with an appetite for Curry, John Major, was got pissed and signed off the Maestricht Treaty "while in his cups".

If Thatcher had still been PM or if Major had listened to her advice none of this would have happened. At least not until Blair weaseled himself into office.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The whole sorry mess kicked in when that twat with an appetite for Curry, John Major, was got pissed and signed off the Maestricht Treaty "while in his cups".

If Thatcher had still been PM or if Major had listened to her advice none of this would have happened. At least not until Blair weaseled himself into office.
I agree. Since Maggie was stabbed in the back by her so-called colleagues, we haven't had a single half-decent PM.

I'm hoping that Boris, though he is no Maggie, can break the mould.

At the end of the day, however, what happens to this country will depend upon how people vote. Even though our present collection of MPs fail to respect our democracy, we still have the right to vote!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-07-2019, 07:24 PM

An interesting condition from which many of us suffer!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	10384  
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
An interesting condition from which many of us suffer!
Yes, about 47%of us JBR!
Regards Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-07-2019, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes, about 47%of us JBR!
Regards Donkeyman!
I'm just waiting for one of the ladies to misread it!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm just waiting for one of the ladies to misread it!
They'll all just say,......."Oh, we should have gone to Specsavers!"

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top