Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 05:57 AM

People watching gross

This also could be called Gross people watching
Last night we took the grandchildren out to a Chinese buffet place.

I have been before at lunch time with a friend and the food is good the staff an international bunch hailing from Thailand Nepal and even Romania ( but not china they are all doctors no doubt ) delightful .
But OMG their evening cliental was a different kettle of fish .
Poor Mr M was literally struck dumb by the horror of it all.
Having made the children change into respectable clothles before setting forth I clearly needn't have bothered .
Rarely have I seen such a scruffy motley crew as were assembled there .
It was Chavdom in all its worse forms.
Everyone looked terrible apart from another older couple ,us and the staff .
Our neighbours ( fortunately separated by an empty table )were a youngish family the father /boyfriend /brother was wearing a scruffy track suit bottoms half way down his buttocks giving the uninterested a generous view of his Tesco checked boxers.
He and several other men were sporting baseball caps a fashion item that surely should never have made it off the baseball field in the first place .Much less do they have a place indoors especially at the dinner table.
The spooky twosome on our right crouched twisted on their chairs as if they were about to run off. What is this inability of people to sit properly at a table .?
He was a blue armed tatoo aficionado she looked like an emaiciated member of the Munster family with dead white makeup and light peroxide blond locks .
Despite this they put away food in vast quantities maybe it's their one meal of the week?
However the true horror story was the incredible amount of morbidly obese people there in fact at least 75 % I would think .They waddled in vast tee shirts and leggings to and fro with super laden plates .
Guaranteed to totally kill your appetite .
Surely some people are overweight because they do in fact eat too much ?
Entire families of them .
These were young people who will clearly not make old bones .
Actually it amazes me how do they find mates in the first place ?
One family must have weighted in at less 90 stone the four of them maybe more.
Meanwhile the trim neat little waiters and waitresss scurried hither and thither what ever do they make of us ?
Huge scruffy gluttons ?
Now we weren't staring deliberately but where we were sitting everyone passed by in full view .
I don't think Mr M will get over this his sensibilities have taken a shock .
He looked at his fellow diners with the wonder but not amusement that one usually reserves for the monkey house house at the zoo.
The human race is all its unlovliness .
If we could only see each other as others see us .

Yes maybe we would be seen as stuck up snobs ( we are not) but yuk will never go there again of an evening .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 06:14 AM

Re: People watching gross

We no longer have a Chinese Buffet - Environmental Health closed them down. There were rats in their rice store, they were caught defrosting chicken by running it under the hot water tap and they added hot food on top of what was left in the buffet dishes.

Having said that - the food always tasted good and we (friends who regularly ate there) never suffered any unpleasant consequences. It was a good way to try out the less familiar Chinese food dishes.

The thing that used to appall me about it was the sheer greed of some of the customers. They would refill their plates sometimes 3 or 4 times - and then leave most of the their last plateful. The management eventually put up a sign asking people not to take more than they could eat!!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 06:21 AM

In this bit of Oz the oldies are the fittest.
Lots of really obese youngsters waddling about.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 06:22 AM

There is such a sign up there Tabby .
I think it's ok to go up several times ( I don't like a mish mash piled on a plate ) but take small amounts !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
There is such a sign up there Tabby .
I think it's ok to go up several times ( I don't like a mish mash piled on a plate ) but take small amounts !
That's what I used to like about ours - you could try different things that you maybe would not order on a regular menu.

We were hoping they would open up again - but EH fine was so huge they probably could not afford it. It has been turned into a Chinese Supermarket now.

One of the Indian restaurants does a buffet type lunch on Sundays which is good but not many veggie options - and I won't eat halal meat/chicken.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 06:48 AM

Muddy, I think Eat, Drink and be Merry, has been taken too literally (and too early) by some, there must be many unwitting Christadelphians out there.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2019, 07:08 AM

Gutsofarians more like !
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 07:21 AM

There was a time when even with very little money both men and women dressed in a decent manner when they went out. They had clothes for work and one or two outfits for best which taken care of lasted for years.

Some do make an effort to look smart on social occasions. But even on holiday in the best British Hotels, some people wear the same outfit all day, or even all week!.
One man walked into the Restaurant for Evening Dinner topless. The Head Waiter asked him to leave and if he returned to wear a shirt. Evening dresses are out of fashion.

Of course you want to be comfortable, but well made clothes that fit properly are comfortable

Fashion here now has become Americanised, loose tops and jeans for all.
If you have bum like a Rhinoceros, Jeans do not suit .

Also I have seen Wedding Guests wear trainers and tracksuits too.
What on earth do people do with the millions of fashionable clothes bought every year?
Are they put in the wardrobe to admire?

Sadly if not worn, they become too small and a waste of money and perhaps given to Charity.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 07:23 AM

They should open a Restaurant called 'Greedy Guts'
It will be full in no time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Gutsofarians more like !

Not Pastafarians then?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top