Brigg Lincolnshire
Teeps is female 

06-08-2019, 12:12 PM

Bad bite

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0127.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	10424 This is a nasty bite my dog sustained. It was so upsetting at the time and I sympathise with anyone else who has to go through this.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 01:06 PM

Re: Bad bite

That's horrid Teeps , I bet it took a long time to heal...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Sorry for the trauma to you and your dog Teeps. I hope it heals well.

There seem to be a lot of new owners about who are unable to control their dogs but fail to keep them on leads. I've had a couple of aggressive dog encounters with Teddy. Last time it was a staff and luckily I was able to hold Teddy, but the Staff was jumping on me. Perhaps they should bring back dog licences?
Teeps
New Member!
Brigg Lincolnshire
Teeps is female 

06-08-2019, 01:49 PM

Yes I think dog licenses are a good idea. It took about three months to heal as the vet couldn't stitch it so it had to heal from the inside out.Thanks for all your answers xxx
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 02:51 PM

That looks so painful. It's terrible that the gentle ones have to suffer because some owners refuse to keep their dog on a lead. We have a puppy and I'n not looking forward to walking him in case something like that happens. I love all animals but I'm not sure how I will react if he is attacked by another dog, particularly if it is off lead.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Teeps ->
Attachment 10424 This is a nasty bite my dog sustained. It was so upsetting at the time and I sympathise with anyone else who has to go through this.
Oh Teeps, you have my utmost sympathy. Your poor dog.
That wound looks awfully sore. I went through similar recently with my sweet little dog being attacked, but his cuts were nothing compared to your dog's. It must have been a truly horrendous ordeal for you both. I hope you are okay.

I hope the owner of that vicious dog is paying your Vets bill.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps they should bring back dog licences?
And/or mandatory dog training?
Neeps, I hope your beloved dog recovers well from the bite if he hasn't already.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Sorry for the trauma to you and your dog Teeps. I hope it heals well.

There seem to be a lot of new owners about who are unable to control their dogs but fail to keep them on leads. I've had a couple of aggressive dog encounters with Teddy. Last time it was a staff and luckily I was able to hold Teddy, but the Staff was jumping on me. Perhaps they should bring back dog licences?

Don't see the connection, Annie?

How will dog licenses prevent dog bites?

Only the responsible owners will purchase them anyway, so it would just penalise them more than do anything helpful.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That looks so painful. It's terrible that the gentle ones have to suffer because some owners refuse to keep their dog on a lead. We have a puppy and I'n not looking forward to walking him in case something like that happens. I love all animals but I'm not sure how I will react if he is attacked by another dog, particularly if it is off lead.
Walk with a stick and belt the other dog if it attacks your dog .
However then you will probaby be attacked by the owner .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't see the connection, Annie?

How will dog licenses prevent dog bites?

Only the responsible owners will purchase them anyway, so it would just penalise them more than do anything helpful.

Correct .
They can't even get people to get their car licensed why would anyone buy a dog licence ?

There should be some tax on dog breeding I think .
There are far too many dogs in the uk
Far too many are underexercised undertrained and are unsuitable breeds .
Where I live in the country I have yet to meet an aggressive dog nearly all are mannerly and well behaved .

But an aggressive dog is dangerous I have seen them in other places ON the lead raging to get at my inoffensive dog .

The useless owners make no attempt to correct their dogs .
Their children probaby beat up others too .

That is a very nasty bite indeed .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top