Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 02:56 PM

Re: Being liked.

Originally Posted by carol ->
That's not hard when it only comes up to their waist!
Hahaha carol.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I think you need to interact with people before you know if you like them or not Carol. I don't think I'm guilty of not liking someone for no reason.

Maybe this woman feels insecure and thinks if she chats to you then you might move in on her friends and steal them away?

People can be very strange that way.
Ooh yeah I think you're on to something here Nicol
I rarely come across people that don't like me
But now and again...
For whatever reason...
I get shunned, like Carol did

I put it down to ignorance or jealousy..
neither of which I worry about anymore!

Strangely enough!, I think it really is still down to snobbery sometimes
Because the moment I say I'm a teacher, their whole persona changes!
Daft
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->

Daft
Snobbery?

I'm not quite sure if you mean they look down on you because you're a lowly teacher - or if they feel intimidated by you because you ARE a teacher and are much cleverer than them!

Speaking of teachers - I got friendly with a lady at my keep-fit class. We exchange books & play scrabble on facebook.

I beat her all the time & when I went to her profile page on facebook to have a nosy I saw that she was a retired headmistress .. I felt quite chuffed to beat her at scrabble!!

No snobbery there - I'm only a retired shopkeeper but we like each other and that's that.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->

Daft
Can you explain the 'snobbery' please Rhian?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 10:47 AM

Sometimes I find myself taking a dislike to a person and realise they just remind me of someone else so I put a bit of effort into getting to know them or I might be missing out on a new friend just because I didn't like someone else.
I can be guilty of disliking a person because they are friends with people I dislike which isn't really fair I guess.
Still we are all flawed people no one is perfect. So I won't be worrying too much about it.
I always think anyone doesn't like me has the problem I can live without them quite easily. Possibly better actually.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

18-08-2019, 02:08 PM

I'm wondering if this woman came into our shop at sometime in the past & has some sort of grievance. That's about the only thing I can think of..

Ah well - her problem!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:37 PM

I'm wondering if this woman came into our shop at sometime in the past & has some sort of grievance. That's about the only thing I can think of..

Ah well - her problem!
It’s not worth worrying about Carol, just continue being your normal self as the problem is with the other person
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 05:09 PM

Ah well - her problem!
The worst thing about this Carol, as I see it, you are wasting so much of your time and brain power on a person who is simply not worth it. You are worth more than that, just concentrate on those you do get on with and who get on with you. For what it's worth I reckon you should stop allowing this woman to control your thoughts in this way!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

18-08-2019, 05:16 PM

Controlling my thoughts - Huh!!!!

Pleased to see the smiley Baz - I wouldn't like to think you were serious!

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top