Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 10:20 PM

Re: Chicken boxes and David Lammy

Bit like here, all we had was a picture to go on.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not a snowballs chance in hell.
With you there.
Like warnings on fag packets and on beer cans..............
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 07:58 AM

Associating schwartzers with certain foods does form the basis of racism. Fried chicken is one, "spare ribs" another and there's lots more not least watermelon.

Like with us Yids. Bagels, lox, chicken soup - all relate to a stereotype.

HOWEVER what numbnuts thought that a message on a fried chicken box would make the slightest difference just shows that whoever did it hadn't got an effin' clue.
a) No one said blacks liked fried chicken (in the message).

b) But if they do (in that "culture") what the **** is wrong in saying so? If someone suggested Indians liked spicy food and curry, would that be racist too?

c) Thick, uninformed kidz of that age wouldn't pick up that message from newspapers or radio and TV news. It's an easy way to reach the morons.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
a) No one said blacks liked fried chicken (in the message).

b) But if they do (in that "culture") what the **** is wrong in saying so? If someone suggested Indians liked spicy food and curry, would that be racist too?

c) Thick, uninformed kidz of that age wouldn't pick up that message from newspapers or radio and TV news. It's an easy way to reach the morons.
What is WRONG about it is that it underlines an insulting racial stereotype in the way that it so often used.

The joke about the proof that Adam was white because not even God could take a rib from a black being one.

I happen to believe that David Lammy is one of many looking for every opportunity to play the race card and in this case he's found one. It was a stupid thing to do in associating inner city crime with fried chicken not least because it was not well thought out how it could and would be used.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 09:15 AM

Why not you can bet your life inter city criminals eat fried chicken like anyone else ?
If they had a solid home life with mum serving up home cooked meals every day perhaps they would be less inclined to be criminals .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why not you can bet your life inter city criminals eat fried chicken like anyone else ?
If they had a solid home life with mum serving up home cooked meals every day perhaps they would be less inclined to be criminals .
Crime is part of the culture where these people came from. Unfortunately it has been taken up by our own low life.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 09:34 AM

What is WRONG about it is that it underlines an insulting racial stereotype in the way that it so often used.

The joke about the proof that Adam was white because not even God could take a rib from a black being one.

I happen to believe that David Lammy is one of many looking for every opportunity to play the race card and in this case he's found one. It was a stupid thing to do in associating inner city crime with fried chicken not least because it was not well thought out how it could and would be used.
I urge you to read my post again. This time for comprehension.

Perhaps then you will understand.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

16-08-2019, 09:48 AM

I urge you to read my post again. This time for comprehension.

Perhaps then you will understand.
I fully understand what you wrote.

You are WRONG.
Gravitas
North England

16-08-2019, 04:18 PM

I fully understand what you wrote.

You are WRONG.
Do explain why.. Or at least have a go.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

16-08-2019, 05:27 PM

Do explain why.. Or at least have a go.
I already have.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top