Join for free
Page 8 of 20 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:25 PM

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Maybe you better go back to school!
No, I'll just focus on my own grand children and inspire others online to wise up on these important matters for the next generation.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Are you saying you believe your grandchild's life to be in danger?
Like so many other children, his future life is in danger.

Serious danger. Their futures should not be hobbled before they start.
Gravitas
North England

20-08-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You weren't saving his life, you seemed to be complaining that his father wasn't doing enough to teach him how to walk, whilst his mother was working and studying.

I wouldn't worry about the sum knowledge of mankind, previous generations have managed without the assistance of Gravitas!
See my post above and wise-up!
Gravitas
North England

20-08-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Please, Master Gravitas (Spoken in a servile manner whilst my hands are clasped to my chest because l am lower clarss) Please may, l comment?

Do you not think your daughter and her husband breathe a huge sigh of relief when you’re going out of their front door?
Aren’t they too busy filling in forms to emigrate to Australia to get away from you, rather than supervise your grandson’s walking ability?
No. I'm sure they are glad they have a grand father who takes such an interest in their child. Many don't (take an interest).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
No. I'm sure they are glad they have a grand father who takes such an interest in their child. Many don't (take an interest).
....but your input isn’t an interest, it’s obsessive!

You say, if you don’t push them into walking, they won’t succeed in life.
How come, my children have done so well and have enviable careers and l never put pressure on them to walk?
With you about putting so much pressure on your grandson, he will feel a failure and his head will be a naughty word beginning with f and ending in d.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:53 PM

Like so many other children, his future life is in danger.

Serious danger. Their futures should not be hobbled before they start.
I agree - so maybe you should back off and let him proceed at his own pace. The poor kid doesn't need to be "hobbled" by inflicted worries and hang ups which impede his confidence. Do you want to see him grow up a nervous wreck - frightened to fail. With or without our help all children learn to stand up and walk - it's natural.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:40 AM

Is a grand father like a grand master or something?
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:59 AM

Gravitas, please remember, one reaps as one sows. If you find that your grandchild and his parents cut you out of their lives completely you have only yourself to blame. I'm surprised they let you through their door.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:37 AM

Parents have so many worries adding to them is almost cruel, children all walk and talk at different times, once they start it's often hard to stop them. Our youngest was disabled so didn't walk very early but gosh she talked and still does. Kids don't all have to be doing things at the same time they are individuals, unless you have worries about cruelty or neglect I'd suggest don't worry them any more than they already are worried. Let them raise their child their way.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Parents have so many worries adding to them is almost cruel, children all walk and talk at different times, once they start it's often hard to stop them. Our youngest was disabled so didn't walk very early but gosh she talked and still does. Kids don't all have to be doing things at the same time they are individuals, unless you have worries about cruelty or neglect I'd suggest don't worry them any more than they already are worried. Let them raise their child their way.
Well said.

Page 8 of 20 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top