Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 03:34 PM

Re: Personality not looks

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There are certain tools required early on in the mating game, as some folks get older, they find it hard to close the toolbox.
My toolbox is empty.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 03:55 PM

I can appreciate a mans good looks but feel no attraction to pretty men at all.

Ugly men can be so attractive if they have the right personality...
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:01 PM

In an ideal world personality should be the primary attraction, I agree. However, in the real world - you're at a party or in a crowded pub. You see a man/woman across the room - can you possibly say "hm, they're plain and ordinary looking but wow! what a personality!" Nobody does that do they? Obviously you're going to be drawn to someone whose face you find attractive and then, hopefully, you will like their personality.

All men and women find certain types appealing, it's natural. It might be shallow but that's just the way it is. Unfortunately there are thousands of people who for whatever reason are unattractive to the opposite sex. They may be wonderfully witty and kind, sensitive people, but if nobody wants to get to know them they will be lonely. C'est la vie.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:16 PM

Two famous men I found physically attractive - neither were adored for their looks.

Charles Aznavour & Roy Orbison.

I would have run off & married either one of them.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:18 PM

What attracted me to my husband was his accent. A fellow Londoner amongst a sea of strange accents!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:23 PM

Accents are great remember A Fish Called Wanda
Voice is very important .
I love my husband’s voice it is deep and mellow .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
As I have said many times my husband was so different to the other lads I had met, because in all probability he has Asperger's syndrome, which is why I showed an interest in him, when we first met. I never considered his looks. He was interested in me because my lifestyle was very different to his own. We rarely saw each other in person as he lived in the UK and started university there just after we first met. We communicated by phone calls and letters. We only saw each other during holiday times. When we married he worked very hard gaining promotion after promotion and I was in charge of looking after the home and rearing the children.

Yes, I know you have just had your 50th anniversary Tara, but initially that sounded more of a business arrangement if you don't mind me saying.

I believe each one of us will look for different qualities in a prospective partner.
It may be good looks, humour, personality, warmth, kindness - even smell!
We won't ever all agree, simply because different things matter to different people.

There is no right or wrong, it is just a case of what 'turns you on' so to speak.

Good job we don't all like the same, else we'd all be fighting over the same person, and the rest of the world would be lonlely and unloved.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That sounds almost a business arrangement if you don't mind me saying, Tara.
Well if it is it has worked for us.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Well if it is it has worked for us.

I know.
But like I said above, we all like different things, which is just as well, for the reasons I have just stated.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:54 PM

Everyone should experience at least once in their lives the heady experience of being in love

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top