Join for free
Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 03:05 PM

Re: Opininons

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
– Snip –

As far as the majority on here are concerned, as long as the post is readable, the spelling is totally unimportant .
Butt dyd yu onle make that coment two drawer attenshun too the typo in the tital of tis thred?

Useless spell checkers, they need to go back to school!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
This is where I would click on a 'like' button.
Originally Posted by Omah ->
I suppose there's have to be an "Unlike" button, too, to allow for a change of mind …..
There is another smilie that's probably close to the alternative – an 'Unike' button,
easy to use in a quoted post too:

Plus multiples thereof indicating your level of disapproval:

I couldn't find a 'thumbs down' smilie!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
. As far as the majority on here are concerned, as long as the post is readable, the spelling is totally unimportant .
Can’t stand pedantic gits who correct other people’s spellings unless it’s genuinely funny .
I tend to think they are frustrated and don’t get enough nookie or whatever .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 04:01 PM

A like and dislike button would be good because it can show that someone has at least looked at your post even if it remains not commented on. I know of somewhere else where the 'like' button is used mostly for that purpose.

I think this feature might mean an upgrade to the forum software though, so probably not too easy to add it ..unless the forum software already includes this but it's just not enabled.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 04:13 PM

I don’t like a dislike button .
It makes it for nasty cliquey people to press the button and make others feel bad .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 04:22 PM

I'm with you on that Muddy. I was on a forum where they had these buttons and boy, where they cliquey. They gave the names of those who had pressed the buttons and it was always the same people. They were so predictable.
I much prefer someone to post their opinion as to why they like or dislike a post. Pressing like or dislike buttons is a lazy way of saying nothing to add to the thread.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don’t like a dislike button .
It makes it for nasty cliquey people to press the button and make others feel bad .
Muddy, I agree with you but equally a ‘Like’ button is just as bad.

Both types of buttons can be abused and unfair. It can ‘pump’ up someone but deflate another whose post is just as valid but they are not so popular.

I would be against any such addition to this forum, as there would be too much ‘back slapping’ to the wrong people and not enough to those that deserve it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

30-10-2019, 04:42 PM

I agree Art and Shrops .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 04:51 PM

I dont start many threads nowadays but I do comment on some . What I love about the people on here is if I need advice or help and make a post I get so much help and genuine kindness from our regulars . I really appreciate it so thank you , you all know who you are .

I dont like confrontation it really does affect me so I avoid it and therefore at times I do delete a post in case it causes an issue but then I am quite sensitive so its maybe for the best . Non the less I do enjoy reading peoples posts as you are all an interesting group of people
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I pick threads I like to comment on. I mostly get ignored but, Hey Ho!

Not by me,you don't..

Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top