Join for free
Page 17 of 18 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 09:11 AM

Re: Corrie upcoming spoilers page

Another killing at Christmas - Shona this time! .. Why can't they let David be happy?

I'm beginning to go off Corrie big time - it's so unbelievable. It's a hard habit to break though as I've watched it through thick & thin since the 1960's...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Another killing at Christmas - Shona this time! .. Why can't they let David be happy?

I'm beginning to go off Corrie big time - it's so unbelievable. It's a hard habit to break though as I've watched it through thick & thin since the 1960's...
I'm sorry Shonas going out of it, I really like her character. Poor David, he's a bugger but he doesn't deserve all the crap his character gets.

I'm a long term Corrie fan from the early days, I doubt I'll ever quit watching it but I don't like it as much as I did in the Hilda & Stan Ogden days. I miss characters like Ena Sharples the battleaxe, Annie Walker, Uncle Albert Tatlock, Elsie Tanner & Len Fairclough and others.

Glad Rita and Ken are still in it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm a long term Corrie fan from the early days, I doubt I'll ever quit watching it but I don't like it as much as I did in the Hilda & Stan Ogden days. I miss characters like Ena Sharples the battleaxe, Annie Walker, Uncle Albert Tatlock, Elsie Tanner & Len Fairclough and others.
Hear hear.

I find that currently the series veer from one opposite to the other: from generally rather tedious (and politically correct) to the occasional interesting and exciting episodes.

I do agree that the original characters each had... character!

Today's are quite hit and miss. Some, like the Ena Sharples replacement, have promise and seem to lead the more entertaining storylines; others, like the recently arrived West Indian family appear to be there just as 'fillers', with no real interest at least to me.

I think perhaps the problems are caused by two contributory factors:
- too many characters now;
- rampant political correctness.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hear hear.

I find that currently the series veer from one opposite to the other: from generally rather tedious (and politically correct) to the occasional interesting and exciting episodes.

I do agree that the original characters each had... character!

Today's are quite hit and miss. Some, like the Ena Sharples replacement, have promise and seem to lead the more entertaining storylines; others, like the recently arrived West Indian family appear to be there just as 'fillers', with no real interest at least to me.

I think perhaps the problems are caused by two contributory factors:
- too many characters now;
- rampant political correctness.

I think you're right, JBR.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:00 AM

I certainly wouldn't buy a house in Coronation Street.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I certainly wouldn't buy a house in Coronation Street.
Ah, but you'd have the convenience of a pub, a corner shop, a bistro, a cafe, a take-away and a medical centre right on your doorstep!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

You can do it Carol, were all here for you.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 09:48 PM

What an ending tonight!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-12-2020, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
What an ending tonight!!
I think it's a great shame that Geoff died.

I was looking forward to him suffering a great deal more, perhaps ending up in a wheelchair doubly incontinent.

Am I nasty?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think it's a great shame that Geoff died.

I was looking forward to him suffering a great deal more, perhaps ending up in a wheelchair doubly incontinent.

Am I nasty?

Dunno, but you made me laugh.

Page 17 of 18 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top