Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 05:18 AM

Good morning Tuesday

Good morning everyone, dry out but these mornings are really starting to feel like autumn now...

Just a ride into town for me today to return a jacket that has a problem that I hadn't noticed when I bought it, but no plans other than that and maybe cooking a curry for lunch.

Have a good day everyone
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 05:29 AM

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Good morning Barry, etc.

I've only just survived an agonising night at work walking around with a double hernia. Serves me right for telling the doc I'd be okay with a sick note for light duties! I wasn't feeling so bad before work.
Back to my GP today for a proper note to get me off work for as long as it takes, plus a phone call to my manager at work.

Sorry to be a misery guts over your breakfast folks.

Have a nice day
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 05:49 AM

You've got a lot to be miserable about at the moment.If you believed in god you'd be deliriously happy I expect.

It's not jackets but trousers I have a problem with.The waists keeps shrinking.Weird.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 07:14 AM

Good Morning everyone.

I am out with friends - yes, again - for the day. Not sure where we are going but I hope where ever it is sells washing up liquid - mine seems to have vanished!

Floydy - do, please, take care of yourself. You have said your bosses are not very sympathetic about sickness but even they must see you are really unwell and in great pain? Can you even work efficiently while in such distress? Thing with hernias is you have watch they do not 'strangulate' and cause more serious problems - definitely back to the Doctor for you - pronto!

Smiffy What's a 'waist' and where do I find one?

Have a fun day everyone
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good morning Barry, etc.

I've only just survived an agonising night at work walking around with a double hernia. Serves me right for telling the doc I'd be okay with a sick note for light duties! I wasn't feeling so bad before work.
Back to my GP today for a proper note to get me off work for as long as it takes, plus a phone call to my manager at work.

Sorry to be a misery guts over your breakfast folks.

Have a nice day
Speak to your Union Floydy, in circumstances like this they should be helping & advising you. If your doctor feels you are unfit to work & gives you a sick note, you will not be covered by your employers insurance ( mainly because you will not be following your doctors instructions) .... so there will be no pay out if your illness creates worse damage to your body.
Just remember that, if you become more seriously ill because you haven't done the right thing , maybe your only income will become disability benefits.....and I can tell you that they are not easy to get!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 07:29 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

Chilly here this morning, it’s that autumnal nip in the air again. The forecast is for a mostly dry day with some bright or sunny spells. Maximum temperature 22ºC.

Now that it’s cooler and not raining I might be out in the garden tidying and making the best of what’s been a bad few weeks for gardening.

Floydy – I do hope you get yourself sorted out health wise. Look after yourself, your health comes first above everything else, definitely way above unsympathetic bosses.

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 07:50 AM

Good Morning everyone. Floydy get yourself back to the doctors immediately and get signed unfit for work. Stop being a hero and get well soon.

Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 08:23 AM

Good morning - Sorry to hear about your health troubles Floydy. I hope you can get help soon.

It's the last day of our friends staying before they head back north up the M1. We'll most likely have a day out somewhere. The weather has been kind to us all week and we only need just one more day of dry weather. The forecast says it should be OK.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 08:35 AM

Happy Tuesday !

A bit overcast here in Sudbury but hopefully it will brighten up later. Band rehearsals start up again tomorrow so I need to go over the new songs and prepare my gear. It's been a long summer with no shows or rehearsals....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 08:54 AM

Good morning everyone a lovely sunny morning and I am heading for the garden.

My tubs of bedding haven't done well this year and I am sick of looking at bedraggled plants. So early or not out they come to be replaced with pansies I think.

Enjoy your day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top