Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 09:07 AM

War of The Worlds

The BBC are making a series based on HG. Wells book.
It's supposed to be authentic, we'll see!
I was just saying the other day that no one has ever made a decent film of this wonderful story.
(Don't mention the Tom Cruise rubbish)
I can't do links on my phone, hope someone can do for me
We can only hope...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 09:13 AM

Re: War of The Worlds

That sounds good Tessa and I agree about the Tom Cruise rubbish. I just hope they use a good director and not one of those trendy ones.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 09:18 AM

The 1953 version is the best
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 09:37 AM

Actually I liked the Tom Cruise film but have to admit I like most sci-fi and I'll watch anything

Remember the stink last time it was on the radio it started as a norm broadcast then they did, We interupt this programme to announce.....Ha! and people thought we really had been invaded

Really looking forward to the BBC version, bring it on
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Actually I liked the Tom Cruise film but have to admit I like most sci-fi and I'll watch anything

Remember the stink last time it was on the radio it started as a norm broadcast then they did, We interupt this programme to announce.....Ha! and people thought we really had been invaded

Really looking forward to the BBC version, bring it on
That was back in the day when people believed what the BBC said.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ha! Yes LD hadn't thought of that, in fact I remember driving back from having lunch with a pal on 9/11 listening to the radio and I honestly thought it was a spoof...
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well said that Man, yes I no longer believe a word the BBC spew out with their biased and PC opinions.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:19 AM

That's a great idea, as long as it doesn't turn out like 'Dr Who' ...very dubious!
I also liked the Tom Cruise version, but then, I like Tom Cruise and watch anything with him in. I thought his best film was 'A Few Good Men' although Jack Nicholson excelled in that film too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-04-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Well said that Man, yes I no longer believe a word the BBC spew out with their biased and PC opinions.
It will certainly be interesting to see what changes they make to the original story.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Yes, I third that sentiment.
I feel like I've been brainwashed after listening to the 'Holier than thou' newsreaders trying to be unbiased....
Do they actually believe half the things they read....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top