Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 10:45 PM

Re: Useless bloody Americans!!!

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
This is whats going to happen in Syria the americans will end up bombing some Russian base etc and the Russians will retaliate and that will be it.

What a frightening thought Doc. I do hope you're wrong.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 02:56 AM

hey Uncle Joe .. how much do you want to bet .. that the English can accurately hit a barn door at ten paces.
.. with their eyes shut ...
But the Canadian .. couldn't do it ..with eyes open or shut
We don't have the weapons lol

Seriously .. it is sad what has happen ..
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 10:17 AM

It wasn't an accident, it was deliberate and they will blame some poor little Afghan foot soldier for pointing out the target.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 12:11 PM

hey Uncle Joe .. how much do you want to bet .. that the English can accurately hit a barn door at ten paces.
.. with their eyes shut ...
Bloody rugby team couldn't!
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Bloody rugby team couldn't!

you really know how to open up a wound ...

I thought I was mean
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

05-10-2015, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
It wasn't an accident, it was deliberate and they will blame some poor little Afghan foot soldier for pointing out the target.
Told you so: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-34447792
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 11:43 PM

The latest version from America says that it was US Special Forces who called in the attack not the Afghans. America is thus fully complicit in this War Crime. Also it seems they were not smart bombs but relatively low technology manually guided cannon though the aircraft itself would have had GPS.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...-changes-again
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

08-10-2015, 10:33 PM

I picked this up from your post PhilipM:

"Mary Ellen O’Connell, a professor of international law at the University of Notre Dame, said that according to international humanitarian law, the critical question for determining if US forces committed a war crime was whether they had notified the hospital ahead of the strike if they understood the Taliban to be firing from the hospital."

I have heard it suggested that the hospital was deliberately sheltering Taliban, personally I doubt that: but no such warning appears to have been given.
I've always admired those brave people who work for MSF.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 10:52 PM

" I've always admired those brave people who work for MSF. "

Yes indeed. I knew an Anaesthetist 20 years ago who went to do a stint in an African conflict.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 01:40 AM

This is a bit off topic but this article made me smile about Americans and as an ex-pom now living Australia and having been to America a couple of times i would have to agree with most of it.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news...bUus?li=AA5afI

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top