Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 03:52 PM

Re: One week to go.....

It's no so much being unable to send, or receive a PM it is more being classed as a second class member for three months an having associated restrictive privileges.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Neither can I...All Members can send visitor messages at any time which can be deleted by both once they are read.
That's correct,
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
It's no so much being unable to send, or receive a PM it is more being classed as a second class member for three months an having associated restrictive privileges.
That is something we have all had to do, but most of us didn't complain.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
That is something we have all had to do, but most of us didn't complain.
I have NEVER complained Jimmy you are very much mistaken in that accusation.
Jimmy
Lancashire

02-11-2015, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I have NEVER complained Jimmy you are very much mistaken in that accusation.
It sounded to me like you were complaining about being a second class member.
Sorry if I was mistaken but there has been a lot of fuss lately about new members not being able to send PM's.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 04:21 PM

When new members migrate En Bloc, they usually know each other from previous sites, so, should have alternative methods of contact in the short term.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

02-11-2015, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
It sounded to me like you were complaining about being a second class member.
Sorry if I was mistaken but there has been a lot of fuss lately about new members not being able to send PM's.
Yes there have been a lot of comments about it I agree and some complainants but I was not amongst their number.
Jimmy
Lancashire

02-11-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When new members migrate En Bloc, they usually know each other from previous sites, so, should have alternative methods of contact in the short term.
There is the visitor message system where they can do that.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

03-11-2015, 08:05 AM

.......only five days to go now, I am getting excited !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 09:44 AM

I was under the impression from another forum a long time ago that forum admin can read Personal Messages. Whether this is true or not on this forum I wouldn't know but I'm not bothered anyway.

My PM's are all innocent - swapping addresses/emails with member/friends- making arrangements to meet (as in my forthcoming trip to the theatre with Eliza - cant wait) enquiring about health etc - Just stuff that would not be of interest to anyone else on the open forum...

I would never use the PM system to gossip or belittle anybody - maybe I would to make a complaint if I had something/someone to complain about, but I never have.

PM's are useful but it never bothered me having to wait three months to use them...

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top