Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 09:46 AM

Re: New Glasses.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I find your post very offensive indeed.

I have already stated that I have passed the Eye Test to be able to drive.

I am perfectly legal to drive.

Until 3 years ago, when|I took VR ,I was an advanced high speed driver, with an annual test.

Although I am now out of practice at it, my eyesight is still good enough, with my new glasses, to meet the requirements for that.

My reaction times are still good, far better than most.

The peripheral vision in my right eye is excellent, I can detect movement,which is all that is needed.

I will give you a run for your money anytime you want.
I think you should test a driving test to see if you are fit to drive, your eyes sound very dodgy to me, and if you find that offensive, TOUGH.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think you should test a driving test to see if you are fit to drive, your eyes sound very dodgy to me, and if you find that offensive, TOUGH.
Hi

I have passed the Government Test for eyesight for driving 2 weeks ago.

I have a Certificate saying that I am fit to drive.

Do you?

I have also had an Advanced High Speed Driving Certificate for over 30 years.

Have you?

When I took my eye examination I was not only passed for general driving but also to the same standard as is required for high speed driving.

When did you get tested for that?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have passed the Government Test for eyesight for driving 2 weeks ago.

I have a Certificate saying that I am fit to drive.

Do you?

I have also had an Advanced High Speed Driving Certificate for over 30 years.

Have you?

When I took my eye examination I was not only passed for general driving but also to the same standard as is required for high speed driving.

When did you get tested for that?
Big deal! I have been able to drive since I was 12. I have been on the road since I was 17, I have never had an accident, speeding ticket or parking ticket. I have told my children that they must inform me if they feel I am not safe to drive anymore and I will give up immediately My eye tests have proved my eyesight is fine for driving.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 10:11 AM

I can support the advice given by Mags .....

you must move your head to the direction you are looking, not just move your eyes. By doing that from the start you adjust to varifocals much faster.

It has worked for me too.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 10:23 AM

You sound fine to me Swims and if you've passed the tests then your ready to go. I hate new glasses I always have bother for a while, but I only need them for driving and watching telly. I forgot I had them on once and went outside in them and fell over a step that looked as if it was in a different place, lesson learned and now I keep a pair in the car and another with the telly remotes..I only wear them for what they're meant for.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 10:34 AM

i am so glad I’m not alone! I have been struggling with my first ever pair of varifocals for about 2 months now. I have just about got used to driving in them (never needed glasses for driving before) but I find reading or using Ipad awful. I get blurriness at either side which stops me concentrating.

I thought a pair of varifocals would mean just having one pair of specs. Now I use those for driving and watching TV and my old prescription glasses for reading. I will also now need some polaroid varifocals for driving but I wont order these until I can use these wretched things properly.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

Quote "I have passed the Government Test for eyesight for driving 2 weeks ago." End quote

Which part of this quote by Swimfeeders don't you understand?
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 10:47 AM

I purchase my glasses from Selectspecs on line great selection of frames and great prices. Anyone else use them?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

31-03-2018, 10:59 AM

I would never buy spectacles on-line, they often need slight adjustments to the frame, which only an optician can do.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 11:08 AM

I have used specsavers for years but not online. I'm currently wearing reactor light varifocals. I was told by the optician that I have a small cataract in my left eye but it's too small at the moment to have it removed, my right eye is next to useless, always has been.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top