Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:14 PM

Re: Old People Smell... Do You Dread Getting It?

It's not just old people who smell.
When i'm on the bus, why is it the smelly ones always come and sit next to me. Doesn't seem to make a difference, young or old. Male or female, ....... They stink, it seems that it's not just their clothes, it's ingrained in their skin. Ciggies; Fried food, Dirty sweat. They must know, haven't they got any friends that would tell them ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:23 PM

Get A Car.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:38 AM

Many older people simply can't wash their own hair or bathe unaided, so avoid doing it especially if they live alone, Also they simply can't afford to get their clothes cleaned either. or do not wash them regularly.
They do not think 'Cleanliness is next to Godliness'

One poor man fell and was taken to Hospital and he was bathed and matted hair washed too.

Sadly he died the day after!!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:52 AM

Before Napoleon returned home from conquering the World, didn't he ask Josephine not to wash?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Many older people simply can't wash their own hair or bathe unaided, so avoid doing it especially if they live alone, Also they simply can't afford to get their clothes cleaned either. or do not wash them regularly.
They do not think 'Cleanliness is next to Godliness'

One poor man fell and was taken to Hospital and he was bathed and matted hair washed too.

Sadly he died the day after!!

With that cheerful tale I will take me off to bed !
I do think that cleanliness is probaby overrated did cave man wash all the time ( on the other hand life expectancy being 26 at the time he didn't get old and smelly !
Did the Tudors wash -not much but as everyone was smelly no one noticed .
Mr M swears by Wrights Cold Tar he been using it man and boy and always smells nice
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

02-03-2018, 02:00 AM

Muddy.
Wrights Col Tar Soap is a lovely masculine smell
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Mr M swears by Wrights Cold Tar he been using it man and boy and always smells nice
Wright's is not what it was:

Takeover

In the late 1960s the Wright's Coal Tar Soap business was taken over by LRC Products (London International Group), which sold it to Smith & Nephew in the 1990s.

Today

The soap is now made in Turkey for the current owners of the brand, Simple Health and Beauty Ltd based in Solihull in the UK and is called Wright's Traditional Soap. Simple Health and Beauty is part of the consumer goods company Unilever UK Ltd

Removal of coal-tar

European Union directives on cosmetics have banned the use of coal tar in non-prescription products, resulting in the removal of coal tar derivatives from the formula and replacement with tea tree oil as the main anti-bacterial ingredient. To cloak this major variance from the original recipe, the new soap has been made to approximate the look and smell of the original product.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 06:37 AM

I think when I am too old to care about personal hygiene and I can no longer do my hair it's time to say cheerio, truly I mean that but only for me....everyone has their own criteria for getting old and calling it a day....That's mine.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 07:37 AM

That's the trouble with deja vu, you know it's sucking you in, but you can't resist it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No, it’s from the head sitting in front of me! Honestly, it’s a distinctive smell!

Susan M and her son would know exactly what l mean!

Hi art , yep old people smell of exactly that it is distinctive . Son is airline steward I sent him the link he says the plane stinks of exactly that smell , I have a good sense of smell and work with old folk and it is there and these people are clean washed folk

I'm now off to have a shower and wash my hair . I also have some lush body lotion to liberally apply ! I'm starting to be paranoid it's me

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top