Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 06:57 PM

Re: Will the nation cope with this dramatic news

Bring back Crossroads I say!

Can't stand soaps as a rule but I was a bit of a closet fan of the above. Let's take a trip down memory lane via some reruns and remember some of the characters from Crossroads Motel and the good folks of Kings Oak.

Phew! I feel so much better for getting that off my chest. I might even wear my Benny hat for clapping this evening.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 07:35 PM

Yes, OK. I see that, Baz, but if they aren't working will they get paid & this could go on for months.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes, OK. I see that, Baz, but if they aren't working will they get paid & this could go on for months.
Yes, I realise that but receiving that level of pay must mean they have money in the bank to tide them over. Maybe though they didn't have the advantage of a good upbringing that taught them to always 'save something for a rainy day'. That's what I was taught and it's seen me manage to get out of trouble in the past. One time being out of work for two years in the recession of the mid- to late-1990s those savings helped me get through that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 08:53 PM

Coronation Street could go off? Oh dear, l am sad....not!

Let’s hope if they do, that they replace it with something that doesn’t insult our intelligence....like most Soaps do....
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 09:47 PM

Well I never knew that - apparently Benny has played
Tony Hancock on stage.

Which reminded me of 'the Bowmans'
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
never watch it so it doesn't bother me. Is Enid Sharples still in it? that is the last time I saw an episode

Ena you mean
She hasn’t been on it for 40 years .
I never watched it after I left home at 19 my mother ( who hailed from Lancashire) watched it to the day she died .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, I realise that but receiving that level of pay must mean they have money in the bank to tide them over. Maybe though they didn't have the advantage of a good upbringing that taught them to always 'save something for a rainy day'. That's what I was taught and it's seen me manage to get out of trouble in the past. One time being out of work for two years in the recession of the mid- to late-1990s those savings helped me get through that.
I hope they have savings then. A lot of actors are used to being out of work, but the casts of soaps are usually fairly safe in a job.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

16-04-2020, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->

Can't stand soaps as a rule but I was a bit of a closet fan of the above. Let's take a trip down memory lane via some reruns and remember some of the characters from Crossroads Motel and the good folks of Kings Oak.

Phew! I feel so much better for getting that off my chest. I might even wear my Benny hat for clapping this evening.
I loved Crossroads & Harpers West One. Those were good.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2020, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Westender ->

Yes, Westender, the best one was Amy Turtle who kept fluffing her lines and there were long pauses until she remembered her words!
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2020, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I loved Crossroads & Harpers West One. Those were good.
I'd never heard of Harpers West One until now Tiffany.
Frustratingly there doesn't seem to be any episodes or even clips on YouTube.

It looks like I'm going to have to let that one go.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top