Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 10:30 PM

Re: Go to GOZO, do no go past GO, do not collect £200.

All I remember of Gozo was going over on the ferry and the Megalithic ruins, or what looked more like big stones.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 03:49 PM

We have been to Malta 3 times, staying at the Melleiha Bay hotel. Each time we went we took a trip over to Gozo - a lovely little island. We love Malta.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 10:14 PM

You either love or hate Malta I loved it. Gozo is where the conjoined twins was born they came over here to be separated. I can't remember when it was many years ago. They drive on the right hand side same as us but the locals say they drive in the shade, hence all the old battered cars that are on the road.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
You either love or hate Malta I loved it. Gozo is where the conjoined twins was born they came over here to be separated. I can't remember when it was many years ago. They drive on the right hand side same as us but the locals say they drive in the shade, hence all the old battered cars that are on the road.
I sincerely hope you DON'T drive on the right hand side over here!

I hope we don't meet head to head on the road. I drive on the LEFT!

*goes off to re-check the Highway Code to see if it's changed somewhat*
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 05:19 PM

Light hearted comments over...tee hee

Well I have booked the week in Sliema for November. And the price had actually dropped by about £35. It will be odd in a way, going to her favourite hotel, and at the same time of year that she would go. But I'm doing it in her memory.

I looked on the Malta website and there seems to be a fair few activities, but I might have a swim (ok, not a swim, but a dip), try to relax with plenty of reading, and the odd boat trip, weather permitting. Would like to do the segway tour. I did that in Singapore and absolutely loved it. Found it so easy. Watched some blokes falling off because they were being showy, yet I took to it immediately.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
We have been to Malta 3 times, staying at the Melleiha Bay hotel. Each time we went we took a trip over to Gozo - a lovely little island. We love Malta.
We stayed at St Paul's Bay...love Malta and Gozo.

So much to explore and a wealth of history.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
. Gozo is where the conjoined twins was born they came over here to be separated. I can't remember when it was many years ago.
The surviving twin is now 12 years old.

They drive on the right hand side same as us
They were driving on the left when I was last there.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 01:14 PM

Yes, they definitely drive on the left.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 10:43 PM

A senior moment for me it is the left....still it doesn't matter because they do drive in the shade be it left or right.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top