Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 11:54 PM

Re: Have you had a scarey moment flying?

3 years ago I was flying alone to the USA via Amsterdam first stop, it was a small plane and the turbulence was dreadful! we were thrown around the cabin, the stewardesses couldn't keep upright and I felt sick with fear, never again!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 05:25 AM

Wont be using Bodgit N Scarper airlines again, was not impressed with my seat.

lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 07:11 AM

I dunno Nom, you had the best view in the house, oops, the sky!

I hate flying. I used to fly back and forth from NZ to Oz quite a bit, but once I was introduced to air pockets, and then one real bad landing, I quickly decided the ground was a wonderful place to be.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 08:21 AM

Keep an eye on the news tomorrow - I fly out of Sydney on Malaysian Airlines MH140 bound for KL, I'll tell you about it on Wednesday.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Wont be using Bodgit N Scarper airlines again, was not impressed with my seat.

You're safe Nom...I personally know one of the pilots! He was the gofer at my flying club when I first started, round about 1990 (he may have been about 15). Look at him now!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 08:49 AM

There's an old saying in aviation, better to down here wishing you were up there, rather than being up there and wishing you were down here....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
You're safe Nom...I personally know one of the pilots! He was the gofer at my flying club when I first started, round about 1990 (he may have been about 15). Look at him now!
One of the best ariel displays ive ever seen, only flown once myself over Caenarfon a twin winged twin De Havilland, throughly enjoyable and a bit bumpy.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Keep an eye on the news tomorrow - I fly out of Sydney on Malaysian Airlines MH140 bound for KL, I'll tell you about it on Wednesday.
I will keep you in mind , wishing you a safe journey ,i fly on Sunday .Ive had some bumpy flights to the IOM going over the Irish sea can be cloudy ,ive seen grown men with the look of fear in their eyes,but one of the most worrying was when we were preparing g for take off going down the runway picking up speed when suddenly we slowed down to a stop,and the pilot said we had a technical fault and we would wait for a technician.When it came to our second attempt i was keeping my fingers crossed we would arrive safely.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 10:46 AM

Iīve had one or two scary moments on different flights. One memorable one was on a return flight from Greece in a very bad thunder and lightning storm. We were diverted to Rimini and we were thrown about like rag dolls on the plane, we got really worried when the air hostesses strapped themselves in their seats and one of them proceeded to literally tear to pieces a stuffed toy she was holding. We eventually arrived back in UK safe and sound. Another memorable one was on a small aircraft flying from Malindi to the Masai Mara, as the plane went up my seat went down and I found myself with the luggage, which was just behind my seat. It gave me quite a shock I can tell you. My seat had become detached from the floor, however a sort of temporary repair done by the co pilot and we arrived at our base camp in one piece. Good old Eagle Airlines, I donīt think they exist any more, shame.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 12:00 PM

I've decided not to fly again, it doesn't do my blood pressure any good! I'm looking to buy a static caravan for all year breaks then I can take the cat

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top