Join for free
daisy
New Member!
west sussex.uk
daisy is female 

08-08-2014, 09:43 PM

steyning sussex any one been ?

Has any body visited and I
want to know what people think about it, any reviews?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 11:14 PM

Re: steyning sussex any one been ?

Yes started work there aged 16 , nice village right on my doorstep in fact.

What do you want to know about the village or are you after a cream tea at my place..xx
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 01:19 PM

Re: steyning sussex any one been ?

Well Daisy you are elusive, I do hope you are not a plant.

Being Daisy, what they will not tell you about Steyning is that "Gert and Daisy" lived in the first country cottage as you enter the village. Alas in the name of progress pulled down and replaced with a modern bungalow and hemmed in by the by-pass and new roundabout. Of course that would have been the port for sea going boats at one point in time but like the quaint town of Rye is now miles from the sea.
At the other end of the village is Penn's Cottage, from here the Quakers sailed to the new America's.
So that is some useless information for you.
Gert and Daisy, now you may or may not remember them but again your mother may have named you after them.

Gert and Daisy

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top