Join for free
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:09 AM

Short Walks around Mumbles

As they're not involved in an independence vote themselves yet, I was hoping some of the South Wales contingent could help me out. We're off on holiday for a week to Mumbles, Swansea taking the dog with us. Can anybody recommend some good walking books?

I'm told the walks are wonderful - can hardly wait!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:15 AM

Re: Short Walks around Mumbles

Hi Baxter8. I go walking a lot and have downloaded lots of walks from the internet... Have you tried typing it into Google?
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 08:37 AM

There are lovely cliff walks on the Gower.Langland to Caswell is one of my favourite ones.The cliff walk in Oxwich is another walk I like.I'm sure you will enjoy the Gower.There are great country walks too,it's a really lovely part of Wales(not that I'm biased!)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 08:36 AM

Yes, have a look online and it'll show you some great walks.

I went to Mumbles a few years ago. I'd absolutely love to go back. What a beautiful area
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 11:11 AM

Just came back and seen all your responses.

Thank you all so much - can't wait to get started.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:48 PM

Baxter8 Why don't you also pose you question in the Welsh thread? Several who live in that area and one who lives in Mumbles. As Enfys said it's a wonderful place for walks, country or beaches.

The local Tourist Information should be able to help you when you arrive or, as suggested, Google.

This should get you started, several dowloads:

http://www.visitswanseabay.com/walki...n-swansea-bay/

Used to have a property in Mumbles and have family still there.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:51 PM

Totally random, but my father in law came from Clyddach. My ex husband used to go to Mumbles with the family for holidays when young. So, we decided to take our boys a few years ago. We rented a cottage. I absolutely loved it and loved the area. There must be beautiful walks around that way.

Have a wonderful time
Baxter8
Somerset

19-09-2014, 05:12 PM

Thank you all again - I contacted the local tourist board and they were extremely helpful. It seems that we're within spitting distance of the gower peninsula path (can't remember the exact name) and also within 15 mins of several "dog friendly" beaches. I think we're going to have a very good time.
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 05:24 PM

The beach in Oxwich is owned by the Penrice estate so dogs are allowed.Some beaches you can take dogs on certain stretches.
Have a great holiday.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top