Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 10:27 AM

Our trip to china

Every one has heard about the Terra Cotta warriors but not many know about the Terra Cotta horses also found there. (shown under repair)

Warriors still in situ as found about 15 ft down

as normally shown

going up to the great wall (only half way up)

Looking along the wall (on the left is China- on the right Mongolia) yes we did walk all that way in the picture

One of the watch posts. (so high up it was hard the breath and misty as well)

Courtyard inside the forbidden city

Temple of heaven

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 11:01 AM

Re: Our trip to china

What interesting photos, you must have had a wonderful trip. Itīs one I would like to do but wonīt because there are other places I wish to see first, maybe one day I will make it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 11:20 AM

Looks a very interesting place Bazza I hope you enjoyed your time there...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 12:34 PM

Watched docus on China - beautiful, stunning place
The horses are fab - didn't know about them - till now
Thank you for posting these pictures
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 01:38 PM

What an interesting trip, the type of holiday I would enjoy...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 03:46 PM

Very interesting.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 04:10 PM

`Those are just tasters,as they say. yes we did enjoy China and a bit of the very interesting history. Like on any tour the guide rushes you through everything so you can see as much as possible

We never boarded anything like this though at the kennels
(called a Kalin)

Mound inside forbidden city, the only place an Emperors wife was allowed to look outside the forbidden city

On the information boards it was in Chinese (obviously and in English only)

Made from Jade (stroke the heads brings luck- stroke the tail bad luck)

Only 2 urns this size that work and this is the only one in china

Drum and bell tower (how they used to know the time)

Strone replica of a wooden ship on a 9 acre man made lake. This was used by the wicked governess(Si Si pronounced sees see) who taught the Emperors children until they were old enough to reign. Then she killed them. At the front of the boat was a mirror so she could see what was happening behind, anyone who came in front of her was beheaded

Only known sheet of glass over a cabinate inlaid with ivory, to this day it is not known how they made it

Oh forgot , bit of the unrestored great wall

Nothing remarkable about this entrance except the high step to keep out evil spirits

Entrance/exit to another courtyard, note the two stone lines leading to it. Inside these only the emperors was allowed to walk, anyone crossing without his permission lost their lives head chopped off

Loads more pics and stories I could tell but take too long
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 05:09 PM

Great pictures on their history .......
This - Entrance/exit to another courtyard, note the two stone lines leading to it. Inside these only the emperors was allowed to walk, anyone crossing without his permission lost their lives head chopped off .........

Would mean I'd be 'headless' as I can't walk a straight line ........
Chris99
Glasgow
Chris99 is female  Chris99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 04:29 PM

Hi Realspeed, many thanks for the pics on China they bring back wonderful memories of a trip to China in 1999.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 12:05 AM

Wow - brilliant. I enjoyed looking at all the photos.
My hubby would like to go to China but he doesn't like Chinese food!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top