Join for free
Page 537 of 1676 « First < 37 437 487 527 535 536 537 538 539 547 587 637 1037 1537 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 08:49 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Ah...that one's often done in science lessons in schools,Sweetness.
It's called 'Aquatic Refraction'-the light rays actually PASS one-another at the focal point,y'see...thus,the image APPEARS to reverse.

...erm...maybe I should just go play with my pooches....
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 08:51 PM

.....however,despite updating Flash,Chrome,ensuring all apps have all the requirements,downloading latest Adobe,AND swearing at the computer,the black squares remain in place. Sod it -I'll go play one of my guitars...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
.....however,despite updating Flash,Chrome,ensuring all apps have all the requirements,downloading latest Adobe,AND swearing at the computer,the black squares remain in place. Sod it -I'll go play one of my guitars...
So you made Google Chrome your default?
Then erased the old ones?
Cleared your history?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Oh I always have me daily flutter Sweetie, keeps the brain active, I watch it on the big screen in the local when I’m there. Now if the rest of you were racing fan’s you’d have copped the unwitting tip earlier from Gumbud, he showed a clip from “Lock stock and two smoking barrels, two smoking barrels won the 3.10 at Wincanton @4/1, I had a fiver on it and picked up a handy 20 quid profit, thank you Gumbud.
bloody feck - missed it!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
So you made Google Chrome your default?
Then erased the old ones?
Cleared your history?
sounds like a recipe for disaster - what ever you do DONT clear your history you want be able to explain all these wonderful experiments instead of leaving us to just gaze in wonderment and say "Ah this is wonderful I wonder how it is done? - it must be magic!"

sounds like an instruction given by Dr Who before taking off in the Tardis.

did I suggest buying a new pc back there - I bet you have an adorable very old one that you just can't part with - man up man up! - stop letting sweetie pie boss you about all the time!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

08-03-2018, 11:48 PM

Jem will you please stop sending us your rejects - especially the ones with kids??

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/news/la...ish-mums-45633
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 12:24 PM

QUOTE=gumbud.Jem will you please stop sending us your rejects - especially the ones with kids??

God yiz have little to be worrying about over there, the world is falling apart and your complaining about three young ones doing a bit of petty nicking, it’s happening every second somewhere in the world, and when you think of it it was their ancestors who built the place anyway, pioneers the lot of them hacking trails through the bush and jungles building the railways vital to early Australian settlers, and all for cheap grog and tobacco, maybe they think it’s payback time.
Seriously though, best bet is to send them home Gummy, they are a bad example, most of our folks know how to behave themselves on foreign shores.
I have a niece who’s a school head mistress and a nephew who’s an inspector in the police in Sydney, pillars of their communities are they, and they have raised families there, they all love the place and would never settle back here.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 12:39 PM

Now here’s a bit of news, nothing important as news goes but a human kindness story of a grateful nation thanking another people for helping them in their hour of need, this new leader of ours seems to be OK.

This sculpture was unveiled in Co Cork last year to commemorate the Choctaw nation's generosity

By Brian O'Donovan
Washington Correspondent

The Taoiseach is to meet members of the Choctaw native American community in Oklahoma next week.
Leo Varadkar will thank the Choctaw nation whose ancestors provided relief to Ireland during the Great Famine.
In 1847, they collected around $170, the equivalent of several thousand dollars today, for famine relief in Ireland.
The donation was made just 16 years after the infamous ‘Trail of Tears’, when tribes were relocated from their lands, at a time when the Choctaw people were themselves living in relative poverty.
Last year, a sculpture was unveiled in Midleton in Co Cork to commemorate their generousity and, on Monday, Mr Varadkar will meet Choctaw Chief Gary Batton in Oklahoma to thank him.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 01:29 PM

Loving that Jem.
I will pop back later.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

09-03-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
QUOTE=gumbud.Jem will you please stop sending us your rejects - especially the ones with kids??

God yiz have little to be worrying about over there, the world is falling apart and your complaining about three young ones doing a bit of petty nicking, it’s happening every second somewhere in the world, and when you think of it it was their ancestors who built the place anyway, pioneers the lot of them hacking trails through the bush and jungles building the railways vital to early Australian settlers, and all for cheap grog and tobacco, maybe they think it’s payback time.
Seriously though, best bet is to send them home Gummy, they are a bad example, most of our folks know how to behave themselves on foreign shores.
I have a niece who’s a school head mistress and a nephew who’s an inspector in the police in Sydney, pillars of their communities are they, and they have raised families there, they all love the place and would never settle back here.
you must come and see us all one day!!

Page 537 of 1676 « First < 37 437 487 527 535 536 537 538 539 547 587 637 1037 1537 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top