Join for free
Page 5 of 22 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 07:45 PM

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have to say that my opinion of Farage has changed. At one point I really believed that all he wanted was to get out of the EU, so supported him, but when the leave vote was declared, he suddenly decided to desert his party & look for better personal opportunities.

He is a good talker, but only loyal to a cause where he gets most of the benefits!
I think that's unfair. We have already heard the real reasons why he deserted UKIP.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes he was paid but why not ?

He came back and has been working with LBC and was initially hopeful TM was going to be a good negotiator. His anger at her now is more about he feels betrayed I think, he used to like her. I know that feeling I cautioned many to just wait and see she was going to do well. How wrong was I !

He is still active around Europe talking to anyone wants to hear him. And is now active in UK again trying to get the brexit we all voted for.
I felt the same way about Maybot initially, and clearly I was wrong too.

I imagined that our second female PM was going to be another Thatcher, and would fight tooth and nail for us and our country.

She has let us all down, being in favour of her (and her husband's) big business chums. I'm surprised she is still in office but then, as I have said before, they look after each other.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-12-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
He stood up in the European Parliament many times telling Juncker and the rest of the EU rabble that their machinations were wrong and their relentless obsession to push the Euro on member states was wrong and could never work. He was proved right.

The EU has bankrupted many countries, their economies are shot and they then rely on the EU to bail them out which gives the EU total control.

Farage saw all of this and to my mind was the only person prepared to stand up and say it like it is in the EP.

There are various YouTube clips of his EP speaches. They are fascinating to watch looking back now.
Perhaps that's Germany's ultimate intention; an effective means of gaining control of the whole of Europe without a shot being fired.

A shame really, as I like Germany and the German people, and have been on holiday there several times. Of course, it is not the German people in general, but their politicians.

And the Frogs jump on their bandwagon simply because they're not strong enough to do the same themselves.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-12-2018, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's alright to shout the man down Purwell, but who would you recommend as an alternative?

And what party should we vote for now that UKIP has gone over to the 'Dark Side'?

Great post by the way Realist........As usual...
I suspect his natural feelings are to go for Compo's clown party.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-12-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
and I certainly will never vote again if we don't come out of the EU
Me too, as if my vote is ignored I see no point in bothering to vote again. We shall have become an 'ex-democracy'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-12-2018, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What has he lied about?
Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What a load of rubbish.
I see you're still waiting for an answer!

EDIT:
I've just noticed that I seem to be taking over this thread with all those posts. Sorry! I'll shut up now!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think that's unfair. We have already heard the real reasons why he deserted UKIP.
He resigned 11 days after the referendum result, so that means he was unable to guide his party in the direction he wanted to, or winning the referendum meant that he proved he was a bigger fish in the pool so was looking for a more powerful position elsewhere. ( 4 months later he was keen to chat with Trump).

His real problem was that UKIP never had a hope of becoming government, they were not big enough, and he had no hope if becoming leader in the Tory or Labour party.

If he cared about Britain coming out of the EU, why did he desert British politics so soon after the referendum?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:08 AM

Good question Twinks. Lets see if there is an answer from Nige's fans.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:38 AM

Hi

No point in him staying, he knew the score.

The Government would not have let him anywhere near the negotiations, they want to keep a two party system.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:01 AM

He offered to help anyway he could tories turned him away wouldn't even talk to him. What did anyone think he could do after that ? I think like many of us he trusted TM to do the right thing. He was about done by then with no real job to do helping to get us out. So chose to leave I well remember the relief he exhibited those first few months, he'd given much of his adult life to the one cause and had won the referendum. He was I thought by that point allowed to do things for himself and try to have a life. He was then invited to other countries to help and I again remember him talking about the possibilities and he said it gave him purpose again.

The people saying that was bad should have stood in his shoes looking at life from his perspective. He thought it was over he had done it, and others were going to guide us to the finish, he was sad not to be part of it but very tired from the fight.

If he hadn't been treated as he was he might have stayed leader of UKIP and avoided this mess they are in. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Page 5 of 22 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top