Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 11:59 AM

Re: Weird

As my Son lives with me there is no way I can be completely alone. He is also in a risk group being diabetic.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
No Carol you can offer me as many excuses as you like but you allowed something BJ advised against . Like I said it’s your life and actually you chose to post about it otherwise I wouldn’t be speaking to you ,you could have kept it all a secret without criticsm .
It is just advice at the moment Zuleika, and family members who have not experienced any symptoms for a few days are unlikely to be carrying the virus. Gatherings in public are to be avoided though because you don't know who you are stood next to.

My daughter was experiencing some symptoms, and her and her hubby have been advised to self isolate for 14 days. I delivered some essential items to her doorstep yesterday and left her sobbing. I don't think she has caught the virus, there are many things other than the virus that are doing the rounds at this time of year, but she works in a cafe so we can't be too careful.

I don't see why anyone should be keeping anything a secret, none of us know exactly how this virus spreads and by talking to each other is the best way of learning what works and what doesn't. Every smoker in the world knows that the habit can kill them but they are prepared to take the risk. Whereas I no longer smoke and feel sorry for those that do and wish they didn't, I will defend their freedoms and rights to do it.

After making every sensible precaution and judgement that you feel necessary to prevent the spread of this virus, that is all you can do, and the rest in in the hands of your God.....Stay safe and well Zuleika and do what you think is necessary....
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 12:28 PM

And next week it'll be a bloke painting red crosses on front doors and running around yelling "unclean unclean".
We have our grandson and grandaughter round at weekends, one stays one weekend and the other the next. The grandaughter stayed Friday night and went home Saturday afternoon as usual, on Sunday the daughter in law dropped the wifes mothers day gift at the door and stood by the gate, the wife went to the front door and asked why she hadn't just knocked and come in, she said it wasn't a good idea for us to be seeing people and therefore she wouldn't be bringing the kids around until it was all over. The wife was quite upset over this, and I don't blame her, nothing had changed in the last 24 hours yet all of a sudden they were isolating us, well wait until they ask us to mind the kids, I'm afraid we'll still be in isolation.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
And next week it'll be a bloke painting red crosses on front doors and running around yelling "unclean unclean".
We have our grandson and grandaughter round at weekends, one stays one weekend and the other the next. The grandaughter stayed Friday night and went home Saturday afternoon as usual, on Sunday the daughter in law dropped the wifes mothers day gift at the door and stood by the gate, the wife went to the front door and asked why she hadn't just knocked and come in, she said it wasn't a good idea for us to be seeing people and therefore she wouldn't be bringing the kids around until it was all over. The wife was quite upset over this, and I don't blame her, nothing had changed in the last 24 hours yet all of a sudden they were isolating us, well wait until they ask us to mind the kids, I'm afraid we'll still be in isolation.
It is upsetting sparky, but I guess everybody has their own way of dealing with the situation.....People are frightened and with very good reason, it's everywhere you look on the media and social networks...I'm not saying we should be kept in the dark, but surely it's time the media was taken over by the government and only sensible announcements should be made. No wonder people are panicking and emptying supermarket shelves.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It is upsetting sparky, but I guess everybody has their own way of dealing with the situation.....People are frightened and with very good reason, it's everywhere you look on the media and social networks...I'm not saying we should be kept in the dark, but surely it's time the media was taken over by the government and only sensible announcements should be made. No wonder people are panicking and emptying supermarket shelves.
Oh I agree, it's just a little annoying when it was ok for the child to be with us 24 hours earlier, yet all of a sudden they're reacting like this, probably more along the lines that it suited them not to come over.
I do agree though, there needs to be something done, all we're being fed is BS so far, and this causes panic, also Boris need to grow a pair and start TELLING people what to do, not just asking them, because as we all know, asking isn't working.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 01:12 PM

We need to be sensible & not panic.
I need groceries & will have to go to the shop because even though I could send my Son, (he is in just as much of a risk as I am in catching this virus as he's diabetic), he can't use my card & yes, he'll take me because I don't drive. We neither of us have the virus, we are perfectly healthy, as is my Daughter, but I haven't seen her for a few days, normally see her every day as she lives close by. Son lives here with me, I see him every day. I haven't been out out for days now, but as I don't go out much during the week anyway it's OK.
If we catch it, we catch it. We are doing our best not to.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top