Join for free
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:21 AM

Is this a hope or a dream?

Well it is in the US of A.
https://apple.news/AFlNdpeDcTUOBpM8rdMrc6Q
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 01:53 PM

Re: Is this a hope or a dream?

...and thank the heavens that they skipped the animal testing. Yay!

The conversations about harvesting the antibodies from survivors or people who are asymptomatic are at the root of this effort. Bring it on! For all of the grief our country gets, I have a lot of confidence in our innovation and problem-solving strengths.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
...and thank the heavens that they skipped the animal testing. Yay!

The conversations about harvesting the antibodies from survivors or people who are asymptomatic are at the root of this effort. Bring it on! For all of the grief our country gets, I have a lot of confidence in our innovation and problem-solving strengths.

I thought about that the other day Surfermom.
I presumed they couldn't really test on animals if they can't infect them with the virus in the first place.

See here:

Dogs

Two dogs in Hong Kong tested positive for the virus. Both had contact with COVID-19 positive human cases. Hong Kong officials state that there is currently no evidence that pet animals can be a source of COVID-19 for humans or that the virus can cause the disease in dogs. If your dog is usually at home and doesn't contact other dogs or people, and no one in your household has COVID-19, the odds that your pet would become infected are highly unlikely.

Cats

Small scientific studies suggest cats might be susceptible to SARS-CoV-2, and they might be able to transmit it to other cats. This finding is not surprising to scientists and veterinarians. We do not have evidence that cats can pass COVID-19 to people. We think cat owners should be informed, but not concerned, and certainly you should not stop interacting with or caring for your cat, particularly if you are well.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 03:16 PM

Mups, our testing on animals is excessive and in many cases, scientifically irrational. Sometimes I think they test - just to test.

One of the benefits of moving directly to human trials on these viruses is that it will show that it saves time and has no impact on the outcomes.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top