Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 03:25 PM

Re: I split my Obelisk!

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Hey peeps be careful out there with the diy. My niece is a consultant ortho surgeon at Oswestry, and she tells me visits to A and E have almost doubled since the lockdown because of diy accidents. The NHS has enough to do at the moment so do take extra care when diy-ing...
Good point.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Lovely morning, thought I would tidy up my smallish slate garden which involved moving a slate obelisk aside temporarily. Having weeded and removed dead or dying plants it was ready for the 25kg vertical piece of slate to be put back in place..simples! I heaved it up, stumbled, over balanced and slammed it down again, in the wrong place obviously. It split straight down the centre from top to bottom. I now have two, much thinner and less heavy, slate obelisks. I still have the sound of my wife chuckling ringing in my ears. Was I hurt? No just a small dent in my pride.
I'm glad I'm not the only clumsy bugger on this forum because that's just the sort of thing that would happen to me.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Good point.
Exactly. Be safe.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 03:32 PM

Oh dear! If that gone the other way I could have ended up on the slab..erm..slate.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 06:01 PM

Not laughing EZ.... honest no laughing
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Hey peeps be careful out there with the diy. My niece is a consultant ortho surgeon at Oswestry, and she tells me visits to A and E have almost doubled since the lockdown because of diy accidents. The NHS has enough to do at the moment so do take extra care when diy-ing...
Excellent advice Barry
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Lovely morning, thought I would tidy up my smallish slate garden which involved moving a slate obelisk aside temporarily. Having weeded and removed dead or dying plants it was ready for the 25kg vertical piece of slate to be put back in place..simples! I heaved it up, stumbled, over balanced and slammed it down again, in the wrong place obviously. It split straight down the centre from top to bottom. I now have two, much thinner and less heavy, slate obelisks. I still have the sound of my wife chuckling ringing in my ears. Was I hurt? No just a small dent in my pride.
You think your pissed off? imagine how the ancient Egyptians felt when this happened

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top